Godzilla vs. Kong (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 41) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on August 20, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed Title".
Box Set: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Spot Foil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Box_Packshot_4ba3fae9-f91e-46c7-ba6c-f9b39d864552_2000x.jpgFS_packshot_4ab66f05-ab71-4bd3-86da-de73336e349b_2000x.jpgLS_packshot_c692a244-e116-4b0f-97aa-1e3a8b731ff3_2000x.jpgDLS_packshot_11b02c7f-224a-47c0-9c51-be6d33775a0f_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure Godzilla is embossed. And plus it says this on the steelbook website otherwise it would just say embossed title (I think)

“A Glossy SteelBook® Release with nice embossing on the front artwork“
Completely missed that.

Yeah, I'd does sound like more than just the title will be embossed then....

Reactions: Flloydo
Pretty sure Godzilla is embossed. And plus it says this on the steelbook website otherwise it would just say embossed title (I think)

“A Glossy SteelBook® Release with nice embossing on the front artwork“
Yeah i was gonna say that too. Other releases, particularly manta, they say "title" rather than "artwork" if there's em/debossing. Looks like a solid release. Kept the interior art of the wwa too, which was by far the best bit haha

I would say that the title is part of the artwork and they write:

WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Embossed Title".

But let's be extra-positive... In addition to the title, all the fishes under water will be embossed ! :whistle:

Reactions: DMD4k
Even if it's just the title, it's nice to see some variation from Manta. The reserved, gloss + debossed title treatment fits most titles well enough. But for a sillier film like this, I think it's okay to go a bit wild with the embossing.

Looking forward to the live shots to see what direction they took. :coffee:

Ah ok they mention on that insta post that it has embossed title treatment but don’t mention anything else.

gotta love steelbook . Com

2 different descriptions. Are they right or wrong lol

• Haha
Same, there's been some steelbooks where it has worked but most of the time I find it tacky (thinking some of the old Zavvi Disney steelbooks)
I look at embossing like naked girls at a party; the more the merrier.

The only downside to it is when it's a crappy effort and the image is too offset to the embossing, ala The Avengers steel, several of which I found to be woefully incompetent in their achievement of steelbook embossing.

• Haha