UK
Release date: July 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Good Will Hunting (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11131290-3784307532762003.JPG

11131290-4434307532768201.JPG

Last edited:
Here you go @thewoe, case & point! I can get the Anniversary edition at Amazon for $7.50 Prime, so why would I ever pay $39.48 just because this is steel? And then in a few weeks down the road, the price will be reduced by half. :arghh:

Call me a cynic but their riding a wave of nostalgic remorse with the approach of the first anniversary of Robins death. Jeezo I still miss that guy.

Reactions: gaeljet
First they botch the Criterion cover of The Fisher King- and now this...
:(

I call myself a Robin Williams fan but have never seen The Fisher King - (runs and hides). Anyways...

Not an inspired steel, it's basically this scene below dropped in a bucket of instagramme.

77198-004-22D017B4.jpg

You can see formula in the background so I'm wondering it it's like "Lucy" which turned out pretty cool. I wish they would make more effort to advertise the specifics of a steel the way that Mondo etc do - would make the community much more responsive. This film is literally incredible, it has scenes that I'll look up on YouTube when bored just to enjoy again and again (both "how d'you like them apples" and erm, matrimonial flatulance), in my humble opinion it just deserves so much better.

Reactions: WKRP and gaeljet
Lionsgate UK steelbooks have so far been a gloss finish so this might end up looking better than the mock up

In saying that I would have liked something different

I call myself a Robin Williams fan but have never seen The Fisher King - (runs and hides). Anyways...

Not an inspired steel, it's basically this scene below dropped in a bucket of instagramme.

77198-004-22D017B4.jpg

You can see formula in the background so I'm wondering it it's like "Lucy" which turned out pretty cool. I wish they would make more effort to advertise the specifics of a steel the way that Mondo etc do - would make the community much more responsive. This film is literally incredible, it has scenes that I'll look up on YouTube when bored just to enjoy again and again (both "how d'you like them apples" and erm, matrimonial flatulance), in my humble opinion it just deserves so much better.
Fisher King is probably my favorite Robin Williams film along with Moscow on The Hudson.
Both movies utilize every bit of artillary in William's arsenal. Treat yourself to a great movie night!

Reactions: Driver
is it me or looking at the top of the pic, does that mock up lend itself to a plain bare steel im looking at?
cos from where im sitting it dont half look like it, i really hope im wrong.

basil :thumbs:

With no title, this looks like it came from "Make Your Own Artwork at Zavvi Day" or bring your kid to work day. The art is ripe for a worldwide release. Having Damon and Robin on the cover should be enough to push 2K of these out the door. I don't know why Zavvi didn't go bigger. Probably the price point and volume to maximize their profit and chances at a profit. That's the way the aftermarket steelbook market used to work until Play then Zavvi started crapping these out twice or more a week and re-releasing others' steels and then even their own. Every email from Zavvi I get I'm expecting New Release in the title. Inglorious bastards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Driver
I generally have no issue with title-free covers when done right (Ex Machina, Army Of Darkness, The Game), but this is just the current Anniversary amaray cover art pushed up into the center with the title removed; super ugly, super lazy, and incredibly disappointing considering the caliber of the movie.

I mean hey, I'm glad they re-hued it to the orangey Fall colors of the original poster (the Anniversary's blue theme bugs me), but spend 2 more minutes and pick a better image, like, say, the original comp from the poster:

ad4ee1a4202f1066bcbd104b1e0504c1.jpg

Leave the title (debossed), and the shamrock underline, remove all other text, and not a single sane person would complain. This is not f#$%&ng rocket science.

Can't wait for this one. Gonna hold off until the price drop.

I'm fine without a title in the front since they have it on the spine.

Clearly GBP 15.19 (with ZVC5) when it goes 'live' tomorrow.

Don't mind at all lack of title on front - I only mind when it's not on the spine !

RE: front artwork - this is the same artwork give or take used on 90% of releases of this on Blu-ray worldwide so the chances of getting something different/better were slim to none, I reckon.

Last edited: