Gran Torino (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
grantorinosteel.jpg

EEK! I'll be getting this!

From amazon.de (german) which is typically region free :)

Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino, an unassuming picture shot during a post-production lull on his elaborate period piece Changeling, was quietly rolled out at Christmastime 2008, whereupon it proceeded to blow away all the Oscar-bait behemoths at the box office and win its 78-year-old star the best reviews of his acting career. Both film and performance are consummately sly--coming on with deceptive simplicity, only to evolve into something complex, powerful, and surprisingly tender. Just as Unforgiven was a tragic reflection on Eastwood's legacy in the Western genre, Gran Torino caps and eloquently critiques the urban heritage of Dirty Harry and his violent brethren. And on top of that, the movie becomes a savvy meditation on America in a particular historical moment, racially, economically, spiritually. Call it a "state of the union" message. But call it that with a wry grin.

Last edited by a moderator:
my 64 bit vista on this cpu is lazy ;) ill be on xp tomorrow. Hence, programs that actually work on it.

How much?
Dont know yet, its got a placeholder up so no official date yet on release.

You guys just don't know nothing....lol

Well, if your speaking on behalf of the "windows" discussion it may just be that I'm lazy as I got other programs that woulda worked. ;) However, I just got done with 13 hours straight manual labor so I was a little tired :emb:

I will pass, didnt really like this film.

Steel looks good though ;)

Your insane, kick ass movie. I loved the witty comments.

ps. looks like thats a slipcover over the steel, which would be nice as to not have that crappy rating on the steel. (New law where they have to put that big rating on the front. God Bless America lol)

Its going to be an expensive one ... but when a group order gets made let me know if your interested and Ill order you one or give you the link etc.

Gran Torino Blu-ray SteelBook[Germany]

Warner Home Video
German Import
Audio:English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, English Dolby Digital 5.1, English (Descriptive Audio) Dolby Digital 2.0, German Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1, Italian Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, Japanese Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles:German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Dutch, Norwegian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, English SDH
Region:B
BD-50 GB
HD-Widescreen (16:9, 2.40:1) 1920x1080p
Video-Codec:VC-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Be warned

My friends from bluray-disc.de have informed me that the re-release of this 1 isn't a reversible Steel w/ no logo on the back
It's now got the specs on the back and the FSK is printed on the Steelbook

All of the re-released WB Steels from Germany have the FSK logos printed on and are NOT removeable w/ NO inside art (except 10,000 BC I believe)

What a shame... 13 EU each would've been such a killer deal

AZ.de WB re-releases = EPIC FAIL :(

Be warned

My friends from bluray-disc.de have informed me that the re-release of this 1 isn't a reversible Steel w/ no logo on the back
It's now got the specs on the back and the FSK is printed on the Steelbook

All of the re-released WB Steels from Germany have the FSK logos printed on and are NOT removeable w/ NO inside art (except 10,000 BC I believe)

What a shame... 13 EU each would've been such a killer deal

AZ.de WB re-releases = EPIC FAIL :(

I was hoping to get this but not I'm rethinking about it.