[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting For Amazon UK Price
Correct Release Date

What the Extras will be compared to other regions
Inside Artwork

I'm Not in a hurry to Order and will wait till I'm 100% sure i want this

Last edited:
And, yet another email notification never received from amazon. What's the deal?

Anyway, I pre-ordered, but may cancel if something better comes along. I mean, this is very likely the most imaginative film visually we've seen all year, I was hoping for something stunning.

Agreed, thebard-I really hope we see some truly stunning sets...numbered..limited, perhaps variations of some set. Film was just gorgeous for me...the releases should be as sweeping, imo.

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

It's because the 3D is not part of the actual title of the movie, it is actually a feature of the movie and belongs on either the J-Card or the spine but not the face set. That's why folks are in favor of it being gone or hidden somewhere. ;)

While I understand that thinking, regular amaray releases with 3D have it on the title and to my knowledge there is no backlash over this. It has never detracted from the title whatsoever. It is an added feature that IMO has to be advertised in some way on the actual product and not hidden.

^
That is what marketing stickers on the outside of the wrapper are for.

This kind of passive acceptance is what will lead to "+ digital copy" being printed on the artwork of steelbooks. I think some of the collectors here have forgotten what made Steelbooks special in the first place. They were about the artwork not the jargon and marking crap that normally clutters up a typical for all the sheeple releases.

Last edited:
While I understand that thinking, regular amaray releases with 3D have it on the title and to my knowledge there is no backlash over this. It has never detracted from the title whatsoever. It is an added feature that IMO has to be advertised in some way on the actual product and not hidden.

Regular amray releases have text slathered all over the back cover too, and I don't care for that in a steelbook...

^
That is what marketing stickers on the outside of the wrapper are for.

This kind of passive acceptance is what will lead to "+ digital copy" being printed on the artwork of steelbooks. I think some of the collectors here have forgotten what made Steelbooks special in the first place. They were about the artwork not the jargon and marking crap that normally clutters up a typical for all the sheeple releases.

If you haven't noticed yet... Steelbooks are the new amarays :hilarious: Not that special anymore. Stickers have no purpose unless you are of the view that steels should be kept sealed. On the other end of the spectrum, we have titleless steels now. Who would have thought ;) Like I said why would anyone think 3D is part of the title :dunno:

True but then an Amaray is not as collectible as a steelbook. What I mean by hidden is small and unobtrusive and out of the way of the main title. I do like it to say '3D' but not plastered across the front along side or under the title. It detracts from a fancy title font or hides artwork.

I'm sure some may not agree but if it has to be on the steelbook itself somewhere, then why not a small logo like the Blu-ray logo on the spine with the 3D logo directly underneath or at the opposite end of the spine maybe close to the studio symbol. Preferably on the J-Card where the features and specs of the film reside would be ideal.

A note to the studios: I do hope that studios pay close attention to these threads and take note of the true collector and how we like our steelbooks. We did away with the ratings logos and the blue banners now we should concentrate on the 3D symbol and a better place for it.

There are 1000's of Amaray titles released all over the world, some with HUGE print runs. And they often are reprinted to sell to mass audience. Steelbooks as well as other limited editions comprise a very small % of the overall qty of movies released.

::: Staff/Community Manager :::