HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

Qk77zeG.jpg

aCREsJM.jpg

mhcQnlX.jpg

FrN9Z4V.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Where the amaray goes, the steelbook will follow close behind. As much as we may dismiss amarays, they are often an exact mirror image of our desired steelbooks. Take for example the Wolverine. No 3D underneath the title of the amaray hence the steelbook was similar. Predator 3D amaray being released in next week in Europe has 3D under the title. Steelbook too has 3D under the title. Steelbooks share the same artwork as the amarays so as the amaray goes so will the steelbook most of the time.

I may not agree with the consensus viewpoint in this matter but do respect it. I just won't disregard the amaray as irrelevant.

could be worse I guess...

nltg.jpg
Are you sure its 3D I don't see it
Might need my 3D Glasses to see the 3D Title
:hilarious:
:joy:

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

I wonder is there a Advertising rule change that 3D must now be shown on Front Artwork
or is it just Warner pushing it for there own ends
Bit surprising as we have a few Warner titles recently all with 3D shown on Front Artwork
Be interesting if Disney and others also start doing this I HOPE NOT

The small 3D Blu-ray logo on the spine is ok and really all that's needed in my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
Zavvi have claimed this an exclusive in their new steelbook email.
It will be interesting to see if it's a typo or if amazon will pull their listing.

Zavvi have claimed this an exclusive in their new steelbook email.
It will be interesting to see if it's a typo or if amazon will pull their listing.
Its a typo error as its not listed as exclusive on zavvi website just says limited edition

The email is wrong just zavvi been :naughty:
The website has correct listing

Amazon listing is correct

While I understand that thinking, regular amaray releases with 3D have it on the title and to my knowledge there is no backlash over this.

There is no backlash with amarays because the people who don't want 3D do not have to buy the 3D amaray, they can buy the standard amaray that doesn't have 3D on the title. With steelbooks there is only (almost every time) 1 choice per country, so you're stuck with 3D text. 3D TV owners are still a niche market (and some 3D TV owners, like myself, don't even have any interest in the tech) so that's why most of the posts on here are negative towards it.

The best 3D film I have ever seen and along with Captain Philips the best film of 2013.
And for that reason I will be waiting to see what the USA has on offer as Warner's releases for the UK are subpar at best.

Everyone should try a sony HMZ personal 3d viewer before dismissing 3d tech....it's not for everyone but it shows how stunning 3d can be when you're hard-core enough about your movies to have top end kit.

I'm not dismissing 3D (in fact I support it) I simply just don't want it advertised and covering up artwork real-estate on my steelbooks. What will they be covering up the artwork with next? 7.1 Surround Sound?

Despite this being one of my favourite films this year I'm going to hold off from ordering.
I want to see if any countries release this without 3D in the title, and if not I'm sure I will be able to pick up from hmv.

Reactions: harry
Have pre ordered for now but I will cancel and import if an another country gets a better cover. I think the general consensus is people like to see clean artwork devoid of as much clutter as possible. If they would just put the '3D' part on the J card for their marketing purposes it would be fine.

Reactions: harry
Have pre ordered for now but I will cancel and import if an another country gets a better cover. I think the general consensus is people like to see clean artwork devoid of as much clutter as possible. If they would just put the '3D' part on the J card for their marketing purposes it would be fine.

Lets see what artwork and slip Taiwan, Korea and Japan will give us

Reactions: kron