Slipbox Green Book (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Novamedia Exclusive) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: May 30, 2019
Purchase link: Novamedia (Pre-order May 16 at 2 PM, Korea time) Check your local timings HERE
Price: $28.99
Note: Limited to 1000 copies

59562473_1707566186013813_6795933727487688704_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[Announcement] NOVA LIMITED EDITION <Green Book> PRE-ORDER INFORMATION.

Dear customers,
Today we are very happy to announce pre-order details for NOVA LIMITED EDITION <Green Book> PRE-ORDER.

1) Pre-order date/time: 16th May, 2019. 2 PM (Korea Time, UTC+9)
2) Release date/time: 30th May, 2019
3) Price & Print run
- FULL SLIP : 1,000 copies, numbered : $ 28.99
* 32p booklet
* 3x character card
* 6x post card
4)Technical Information
- Aspect Ratio & Format : 2.00:1 / 1080P(FullHD)
- Audio : English Dolby ATMOS, DVS® (DESCRIPTIVE VIDEO SERVICE)
- Subtitles : Korean, English SDH, Spanish, French, Chinese
6) Special Feature
VIRTUOSO PERFORMANCES (04:10)
AN UNFORGETTABLE FRIENDSHIP (05:09)
GOING BEYOND THE GREEN BOOK (04:20)
INTERVIEWS
-PETER FARRELLY / Director-Producer-Writer (03:13)
-VIGGO MORTENSEN / "Tony Lip" (03:15)
-MAHERSHALA ALI / "Dr. Donald Shirley" (03:34)
-OCTAVIA SPENCER / Executive Producer (02:39)
MAIN TRAILER (01:42)
REVIEW TRAILER (00:30)
TEASER TRAILER (00:41)
30's TRAILER (00:30)
유병재&유규선 매니저-그린라이트 GV 현장 영상 (01:28)
흥행 청신호 그린라이트 First See 관객 검증단 추천 영상 (00:40)

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
I still need to check out the film, but will be in for this if I end up liking it enough.

RE: BOOKLET - Interesting and smart idea in similar style to the travel guide seen in the film ...
1557230373154.png
1557229197495.png

... and with more than a passing resemblance to a period cover of the travel guide (first published in 1936 and last published in 1966) just with the banner cropped ...
1557228310979.png
1557227209986.png

1557228395397.png

Now, thanks to the popularity of the film, a facsimile of the 1959 guide has been released and is something people seem to be buying after having seen the film:-
1557226547896.png
1557226476270.png

• Paperback: 91 pages
  • Publisher: About Comics (November 21, 2018)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1949996034
  • ISBN-13: 978-1949996036
  • Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.2 x 6.8 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces
Unsurprisingly no longer $1.25 but $8.10 (+P&P)

big thanks @Apollon for the tag, kinda hope they'd do steelbook in coming future...

You're welcome.

Somehow I doubt it, otherwise they'd have announced that first instead of doing a slipbox. The movies I remember that they released both a steel and a scanavo case for were blockbusters, Terminator 2, John Wick 1 and 2 etc...

Then again, who knows. :)

Reactions: goufcustom
Nice, is this movie any good though???
I still need to check out the film, but will be in for this if I end up liking it enough.
The movie is fantastic. There was harsh criticism about how Viggo Mortensen/Tony Lip has been modelled into a "white savior" figure, and how the depiction of the boss/worker relationship between Mr. Shirley and Mr. Vallelonga has been turned into a buddy-type companionship ... but honestly: I didn't care at all. I liked the story. Both actors deliver fantastic performances. It's an incredible fun watch, yet the movie has got plenty of moments to show the absurdity and inhumanity of racial segregation and racism in general. Also, it looks incredible! Haven't seen a picture looking that good in a long time - great camera, great editing.

Thanks @lemonlinnn for posting the news about this Nova Limited Edition. Saw it on their website this morning, too. I'm definitely in, although I certainly think it could have been better. Still beats the Euro Steelbooks easily.

The movie is fantastic. There was harsh criticism about how Viggo Mortensen/Tony Lip has been modelled into a "white savior" figure, and how the depiction of the boss/worker relationship between Mr. Shirley and Mr. Vallelonga has been turned into a buddy-type companionship ... but honestly: I didn't care at all. I liked the story. Both actors deliver fantastic performances. It's an incredible fun watch, yet the movie has got plenty of moments to show the absurdity and inhumanity of racial segregation and racism in general. Also, it looks incredible! Haven't seen a picture looking that good in a long time - great camera, great editing.

Thanks @lemonlinnn for posting the news about this Nova Limited Edition. Saw it on their website this morning, too. I'm definitely in, although I certainly think it could have been better. Still beats the Euro Steelbooks easily.
Thanks for the info! I don't care about any of that stuff either... it's just a film after all, and they're not to be taken too seriously. Going by what you said, I reckon it's a film I'll enjoy. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
If you just watch the film to enjoy it as a film, it's really good. I personally loved it. I also don't buy into all that other stuff. But I found it to be a very sweet, small, entertaining film about two people who changed each other's perspective.

Thanks for the info! I don't care about any of that stuff either... it's just a film after all, and they're not to be taken too seriously. Going by what you said, I reckon it's a film I'll enjoy. :)
I absolutely loved this! Cant wait for a re-watch. Really thinking about picking this edition up just wish I wasn't so skint this month!! :sorry:(n)(n)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles