Grindhouse (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #35) [Korea]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: September 30, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - Box Set (Pre-order on September 10 at 10 PM - Korea time)
Prices: $42.99 (Full Slip) - $43.99 (Lenti A or B) - $152.99 (Box Set)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - Box Set
Note: Total print run 3000. Domestic 1500, International 1500: Full Slip 500 copies - Lenti A 650 copies - Lenti B 650 copies - Box Set 400 copies

FS_full.jpgLA_Death proof_full.jpgLB_planet terror_full.jpgOC_full.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know that that's true. None of us really knows the truth about what these retailers are allowed to produce by the studios. How many copies are they allowed to make? Are they limited by the studio? Do they have to be ordered in increments of 250? Or 500?

Sure anybody can say "why don't they make 10,000 of these? They know they're going to sell out." But do they really know this? These retailers aren't big companies. They don't want to get stuck with extra copies. Maybe everybody wants a Double Lenti of a release but not the Full Slip or Single Lenti.

The retailers aren't being greedy here. I'm guessing they can't just take pre-orders for a month and then go to a studio and say OK we want to license these artworks to make 894 Full Slips, 2026 DL's, 1048 SL's and 1796 OC's on top of that.

If they did this I know there are a lot of collectors out there (and in here...not me, I don't care) that would complain.
A lot of them don't like large print runs.

It's not the premium retailers that are greddy. It's some of the collectors.

i would prefer this option. 789 people pre-odered edition x, y, z so they produce exactly that amount + x copies in case they need replacements.

limited run games do it, so everyone has the chance to get the edition he/she wants.

i would prefer this option. 789 people pre-odered edition x, y, z so they produce exactly that amount + x copies in case they need replacements.

limited run games do it, so everyone has the chance to get the edition he/she wants.
Something like this was done with Wind River @ Kimchi. It is not impossible for movies.

Last edited:

That would be nice. Resellers would still buy copies to post on places like eBay and there would still be people to buy them because not everybody knows where to buy these "premium editions". But I think that's OK because there are always people who aren't aware of such releases until they see them on places like eBay.

Having said that, of course there would still be people who miss out on pre-ordering it for various reasons. They found out about it too late or they didn't want it until they found out it was popular and as usual they would still blame resellers or the retailer for not making enough copies for latecomers.

Reactions: tha_lunatic
That would be nice. Resellers would still buy copies to post on places like eBay and there would still be people to buy them because not everybody knows where to buy these "premium editions". But I think that's OK because there are always people who aren't aware of such releases until they see them on places like eBay.

Having said that, of course there would still be people who miss out on pre-ordering it for various reasons. They found out about it too late or they didn't want it until they found out it was popular and as usual they would still blame resellers or the retailer for not making enough copies for latecomers.
well, pre-order could be from january 1 - 31 ...so there are no excuses, when some missed out.

Reactions: MM3 and Stygian
I completely forgot about that with wind river. That was really random. But it worked

Yea they don’t want big numbers unless they miss it

Print runs have never bothered me. Low or high. If I want an item I want it. Not because of how many made. Although it’s cool when you get a low number I really couldn’t give a sh!t how many are made.
I’m one of them but I think it’s only natural to hope there was more when you miss out on something. Plus where we see numbers change around at times we have hope on some more stock if we do miss out. Or reprints (not so much with premium retailers). None of that bothers me like it does with some. So yeah usually I do wish something had a bigger print if I miss out, but only because I’m not bothered about how many are made

Something like this was done with Wind River @ Kimchi. It is not impossible for movies.

Do you recall how long the pre-order window was? Did they a;ready list a scheduled release date before the pre-order started? If so, do you recall how much time there was between the edn of the pre-order and the release date there was?

I know, too many questions. :LOL:

Reactions: tanokike
Print runs have never bothered me. Low or high. If I want an item I want it. Not because of how many made. Although it’s cool when you get a low number I really couldn’t give a sh!t how many are made.
I’m one of them but I think it’s only natural to hope there was more when you miss out on something. Plus where we see numbers change around at times we have hope on some more stock if we do miss out. Or reprints (not so much with premium retailers). None of that bothers me like it does with some. So yeah usually I do wish something had a bigger print if I miss out, but only because I’m not bothered about how many are made
incoming post by dan in 3, 2, 1

i agree! i dont care about #'s... but i do like special #'s like #1, 2, 3, 18, 86 and the last one. all others are just #'s for me.

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
incoming post by dan in 3, 2, 1

i agree! i dont care about #'s... but i do like special #'s like #1, 2, 3, 18, 86 and the last one. all others are just #'s for me.

Let him. It’s not an argument lol

Ohhh we have similar favourite numbers. 2,6,8,86 and any variation of those numbers

Reactions: tha_lunatic
Do you recall how long the pre-order window was? Did they a;ready list a scheduled release date before the pre-order started? If so, do you recall how much time there was between the edn of the pre-order and the release date there was?

I know, too many questions. :LOL:
I do not fully remember, but just had a look at its thread.

1. Preorder window was 1 week
2. They announced a release date about a week before preorder.
3. It was 2 months between preorder end and the release date.

The final qty was announced just the next day the window ended.
But they also had later some non-exclusive version, the same sans sticker and numbering card.

• Informative
Reactions: Stygian