Grosse Pointe Blank (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: 17th August, 2015
Purchase link: Grosse Point Blank (Live Sunday, May 3 12pm GMT)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Gloss, Limited to 2500 copies

front.jpg

back.jpg
exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great movie. Terrible disc. Steelbook's gonna have to be something really special for me to buy this shoddy disc again.

These posts are where I'm confused. Everyone is talking about the picture quality as if there's already a UK disc. Since this is the first time it's being released in the UK, isn't it possible it's not the same transfer?

It's possible but unlikely. If it was a company like Arrow releasing it then they'd probably try to get a decent transfer. However, it's Disney who will want to make as much money as possible with minimal effort. After all it's basically a cult film that holds no interest for the masses so a new transfer probably wouldn't make much difference to sales. Just look at the recently released Midnight Run. People have been crying out for that but Universal couldn't be bothered to make any effort with the picture.
Really hope I'm proved wrong though, as I love it and it's been poorly treated on every format so far. There must be some deleted scenes or interviews out there somewhere!

Reactions: hayemaker
These posts are where I'm confused. Everyone is talking about the picture quality as if there's already a UK disc. Since this is the first time it's being released in the UK, isn't it possible it's not the same transfer?

Pretty much this:
It's possible but unlikely. If it was a company like Arrow releasing it then they'd probably try to get a decent transfer. However, it's Disney who will want to make as much money as possible with minimal effort. After all it's basically a cult film that holds no interest for the masses so a new transfer probably wouldn't make much difference to sales. Just look at the recently released Midnight Run. People have been crying out for that but Universal couldn't be bothered to make any effort with the picture.
Really hope I'm proved wrong though, as I love it and it's been poorly treated on every format so far. There must be some deleted scenes or interviews out there somewhere!

Of course sometimes the specs of discs differ between regions, but generally if it's a release from a major studio, in this case Buena Vista/Disney, the PQ/AQ will be the same. There are exceptions of course and usually this is because a movie has a different distributor depending on the region (The Prestige and Starship Troopers comes to mind). Special features are whole different kettle of fish though.

A nice little coup by Zavvi there, picking a title which doesn't actually have a UK Blu-Ray release yet! Looks like they have been paying attention to THIS LIST! Let's hope they pick a few more titles from that list in future!

Wouldn't it be neat if the front served as an actual locker with a disc tray inside? The price would be somewhere in the 00's I'd imagine but regardless - pretty, pretty good. ;)

Reactions: walt_disnae
Try to be different and FAIL spectacularly. Along with the god awful Tron Legacy steel, easy pass.

Thanks Zavvi, saving me money on these cheap looking rubbish . [emoji106]