Guardians of the Galaxy (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Collection #4) [Korea]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: December 22, 2014
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti Type A - Lenti Type B - One Click (Pre-order on December 4 at 11 PM Korea time)
Price: $49 ($47 as promotional price for 1 day - Individual editions) - $141 (One Click)
Package type:
1) Lenticular A-type 580 coopies (Order limit: 1 copy per order)
2) Lenticular B-type 500 coopies (Order limit: 1 copy per order)
3) Full slip 700 copies (Order limit: 2 copies per order)
4) One click option 200 copies (Order limit: 1 copy per order, Same number from 1 to 200)

Group buy: masterblaster (ROW)
Premium supporters only: Get selected to purchase either lenticular or full slip @ cost here!

Package:
- SteelBook itself has worldwide artwork.
- Extras: 2x Poster card, GoG 4x character artcard, pre-order gift as plastic clear slipcase, Novamnm exclusive slips
- Combined Print run: 1.7K

Full slip:
Lenticular Type A :
10325203_522346471202463_7726185366925276919_n.jpg

NZyiYjh.gif

Lenticular Type B :
1557460_522346491202461_4197234281859389992_n.jpg
SjJHEvE.gif

Pre-order worldwide times:
img_89378471005990-jpeg.118143

Attachments

• 1586189353765.png
    1586189353765.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 508
Last edited by a moderator:
And more interest in the next group buy, in case these things are still not fixed...

If I could get them, I would guess we'd get into BluFans territory if I do GOTG, which means 100 - 200 copies shipped to me...

That's a huge commitment! :ohno:

For GOTG, it will sell out fast, especially if it comes with a slip to cover the steel up, see how many members still missed out on the HDN custom slip. :D

If this GB happens I am all in.

Reactions: apsmith21
Huge thanks to John for the group buy. As soon as I read that group buy was open I was worried as I thought I missed it.

I actually like the steel artwork but thor 2 lenticular is so awesome and this would go awesome with that.

Reactions: harry
I imagine most will keep this sealed though so they are effectively paying $50+ for a slipcase since they will never watch the disc, look at the postcards or see the Steelbook itself which I don't really understand. The only thing I find more mystifying is that many will order multiple copies/versions.

i imagine many are also excited by this package because of the inevitable prices it will fetch on ebay

biz2-400x242.jpg

but that's none of my business though ;)

This news took me out of the Gladiator GB.....can't have them all. Looking forward to seeing the final artwork for both the lenti and fullslip.

this is essential to my collection of lenti Phase 2 steels. The steelbook itself as a standalone design is terrible. But as a package with a great lenti/fullslip with the characters displayed being front and center, the steelbook becomes a nice component. These will be great overall.

Reactions: harry
I'm interested in seeing what the Lenti and full slip look like. $47 seems a bit high though don't it? Or is that because of new release and probably includes 3D? With shipping to the UK that would be roughly £40 straight from the retailer!

As the Steelbook will be the same as that's been released in Europe
I will wait and see what the Full Slip and Lenticular Slip are and finish

I did purchase Captain America Winter Solider Full Slip and that was a beauty

The print run of the Full Slip is 1000 and 700 for the Lenticular slip

I think they under estimated the demand for drive steelbook today even though I and others told them it was a high demand release and I don't think they sorted extra servers to meet this demand

If the Full Slip and Lenticular for Guardians of the Galaxy look fantastic then the demand might be even more than Captain America Winter Solider and Drive combined

They need to plan the server capacity for this well in advance and have it fully working on the day its to go live to order
They can do this by having it tested in a trial virtual run and using software to that will test it with extreme traffic requests at the same time to see what level will cause their site to crash and find out what server capacity is needed to be stable for easy ordering of a very high demand release by finding out what the amount of servers would be needed for extreme level of traffic requests and payment requests
They need to rent those extra servers or purchase for long term bigger capacity servers if they plan to be around for a long time offering high demand titles for release

Its ok for a release like Lone Survivor not having extra server capacity but not with a very high demand title that's from Marvel

Last edited:
Reactions: Hatori
I'am afraid that they don't really care, or they don't want to spend the extra money on servers. It will sell out anyway, that is the whole problem.

Reactions: Thelite13
I'am afraid that they don't really care, or they don't want to spend the extra money on servers. It will sell out anyway, that is the whole problem.
Yes to a point but I doubt they enjoyed having to deal with the website crashes themselves today as we did not enjoy it this was really down to them under estimating the high demand that happened today
They don't need to have the extra servers all the time but with high demand they do as I doubt customers will keep going through what we all went through today with every high demand release eventually customers will just not bother trying

Difference with KimchiDVD was odd crash and slow but you got your order in or it was sold out before you got to checkout in about an hour max and they even now have upgraded their servers to were its now a breeze to place an order releases now sell out quicker yes but at least it works

Its in Novamedia best interests to spend the money on server capacity