Guardians of the Galaxy (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

Nov 11, 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
Release Date: November 28th, 2014
List Price: $1080 NTD
Buy Link: JSDVD.com
Guardians of the Galaxy.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered.... I'm waiting for a decent slip as many Taiwan releases are (IMO Thor 2 is the best.. for now) and a little disappointed for XMen DoFP... The cassette player art will be a very hard 1/4 slip fix. Normally, the main character(s), a movie icon or a design appears from center image to top in vertical position of a SB case and to design a 1/4 slip can be done easily. The cassette player design is vertical, but the "main" cassette placement (logic) to the SB is in the mid to top in a horizontal view. I'ts great that the North America and Canada will have the "horizontal" tittle matching with the "Awesome Mix" cassette tittle, but made a big crash when applied a 1/4 slip design. A hard work for an art designer.
edited

Last edited:
Ordered.... I'm waiting for a decent slip as many Taiwan releases are (IMO Thor 2 is the best.. for now) and a little disappointed for DoFP... The cassette player art will be a very hard 1/4 slip fix. Normally, the main character(s), movie icon or a design appears form half to top vertical of the case and a bottom 1/4 slip can be easily design/match. The cassette player design is vertical, but the "main" cassette placement (logic) to the SB is in the mid to top in a horizontal view. I'ts great that the North America and Canada will have the horizontal tittle matching with the cassette tittle, but made a big crash when applied a 1/4 slip design. A hard work for an art designer.

Agreed with what you said, but they did follow up with a kick ass slip for CA2 TWs also, the slip blends right into the steel and side by side with Thor 2 fits so well...they are both different but both exquisite in their own unique ways... I have no doubt that Taiwan will come out with a nice slip, already purchased a few copies without even knowing how they will look, I never am disappointed. Even if it would be just a nice one, it still will beat every slip of every country for this release. But I'm sure it'll be Awesome like Awesome Mix Vol.1 :p

Reactions: charlie1533pr
Does anyone know if the slip design is done in region? I've always assumed this is the case so hopefully whoever is designing this one has their finger on the pulse with regards to the expectation of a TW slip and the influence it has on the steelbook sales, although I suspect this will sell out regardless.

a quarter slip showing all the guardians would be nice but i'm afraid we'll only get an embossed title and in my opinion that isn't enough to make up for the disappointing artwork

HA, great gift idea! :LOL::LOL:

Perhaps cassette tapes will come back and flood the market one of these days...

I have a feeling, you're one of the lucky few who still have a cassette player alive and kicking in your place, @earthscope . ;)
Not anymore! :naughty:
It's all digital, WAV,FLAC, AIFF files now....:thumbs::)

I do have over a 1000 12" Singles though. And a wall of LP'S/Albums..... (From my Music, Vinyl days and 2 Technics 1200 decks).......:woot::woot: :drool:

Ah the good old days....:rofl::LOL: