Guardians of the Galaxy 3D - In theaters August 01, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team–the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand - with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.
With: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket, Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gilian, Djimon Hounsou with John C. Reilly, Glenn Close as Commander Rael and Benicio del Toro as The Collector.

Trailer:

Attachments

• guardians.jpg
    guardians.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
The hunt for Star-Lord begins...

SOURCE: Comic Book Resources
Director James Gunn's cinematic take on Marvel Comics' "Guardians of the Galaxy" lands August 1, 2014 and the search has begun to cast the lead role of Peter Quill, also known as Star-Lord, the leader of the Marvel Cosmic team. Deadline reports Marvel Studios has put together a short list of actors to test for the role that includes "Zero Dark Thirty" actor Joel Edgerton, "Boardwalk Empire's" Jack Huston, "Cloud Atlas'" Jim Sturgess, "The Hobbit" and "Pushing Daises" actor Lee Pace and Eddie Redmayne, who plays Marius in the film adaptation of "Les Miserables."

While those are the only names on the list, Deadline also heard rumors of interest from or in actors Garrett Hedlund, James Marsden and Sullivan Stapleton.

Created by Steve Englehart, Peter Quill first appeared in 1976 and played a major role in Marvel's crossover event "Annihilation" in 2006 and "Annihilation: Conquest" in 2007 before receiving the primary role in Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's "Guardians of the Galaxy" ongoing series in 2008. While Quill has a human appearance, only his mother was human -- his father was an alien. A master strategist and expert in close-quarters combat, Peter Quill's signature weapons became two Kree submachine guns under the hand of Abnett and Lanning during "Guardians of the Galaxy."

Officially announced in July at Comic-Con International, Guardians of the Galaxy is reportedly "about a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants." Although the Guardians have boasted a large and changing roster over the past four decades, in addition to Star-Lord, the concept art Marvel debuted at CCI 2012 features Drax the Destroyer, the human resurrected in the body of an alien to combat Thanos; Groot, the extraterrestrial tree monster; Rocket Raccoon, the fearless genetically altered raccoon; and Gamora, the most dangerous woman in the universe.

Good news for those who were wondering whether or not the recent (and ridiculous) controversy over James Gunn's two-year-old blog post would effect his position as director on GotG; he just confirmed to me via Instagram that I shouldn't worry and that he's still on GotG. He followed that comment with the use of a :) .

Good for Marvel, but seriously WTF is going on with DC? I'm not the only who wants to see The Justice League. I guess too many different studios own too many different characters. DC needs to learn from Marvel and get the ball rollin. A DC film franchse set in the same universe is LONG overdue.

Even better than Momoa, Batista has been cast as Drax! I would say that's pretty perfect casting!

batista.jpg

attachment.php

I really hope they team up Drax and Hulk in Avengers 2. They have such awesome funny chemistry together in the Infinity Gauntlet. Remember the scene when Hulk punches Thor in Avengers? That's what the chemistry is like between Hulk and Drax.

Attachments

• hulk.JPG
    hulk.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Reactions: Drum18
This is great as it ties in my my two biggest watches, wrestling & superheroes. It will be great to see Batista in a marvel film and even better news that perhaps it means "The Guardians" will be in avengers 2.

I'm now so excited for Avengers Phase 2

Courtesy of SpinOff Online:
The casting of Zoe Saldana as Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy seems to be a done deal — or at least Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige is talking about it like it is.

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Feige said he thinks “audiences will respond to an alien Zoe Saldana,” confirming earlier reports. That means the Star Trek actress will officially join Chris Pratt as Star-Lord, Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, Michael Rooker as Yondu and Ophelia Lovibond as an “aide” to one of the movie’s villains.

The EW article also has a concept art showing Peter Quill (Star-Lord) having his first extraterrestrial encounter, which happens before he gets sent to space. Feige said that, while Guardians will take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe continuity, it will take place on the opposite side of the universe. It will be interesting to see how Guardians gets tied in to the main MCU storyline.

Director James Gunn opened up about the continuity as well during a recent interview. “In terms of a lot of stuff we’re very much like The Avengers, where it’s a very big, huge movie,” he said. “It’s different because it’s cosmic, it’s in outer space, it’s very colorful. We have a whole history of science fiction behind us that we’re dealing with, and borrowing from, and also fighting with to create something unique. But at the same time there’s a lot of stuff it has in common with The Avengers.”

guardians-concept-570x353.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Benicio Del Toro got cast in this movie and also in future Marvel films for some unknown character. I can't believe he would play Thanos, so my guess is Dr. Strange since he is perfect for the role. I don't know why they would hide such a well-known actor behind makeup anyway for Thanos.

attachment.php

strangedeltoro.jpg

wheres Vin Diesel then. I know that was talked about and he was almost giddy with news during his Riddick Panel at SDCC adn it did seem to relate to GotG

More than likely Vin diesel will be voicing Groot. So no actual appearance from him in the movie. Just his voice. Nothing official yet but it all points to that.

It's Official! Bradley Cooper is Voicing Guardians of the Galaxy's Rocket Raccoon

Following rumors late last week, Marvel has officially confirmed a new addition to the cast of James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy: Bradley Cooper is set to voice Rocket Raccoon!

"Rocket has been genetically and mechanically altered," Marvel Studios' President Kevin Feige said of the character in a recent interview. "He�s an experiment from one part of the galaxy."

Cooper, recently nominated for an Academy Award for his performance in Silver Linings Playbook, joins Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, Benicio del Toro, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Vin Diesel and Gregg Henry in the sci-fi adventure, set to hit theaters August 1, 2014.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Get to Know Your Guardians of the Galaxy with Kevin Feige

With production now well underway on director James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige spoke with Empire about the sci-fi adventure, describing each of the central team in his own words and speaking a bit about Thanos' overall role.

"Ronan The Accuser is very much the main bad guy," he says. "And Thanos is lurking above it all. You will learn more about Thanos in 'Guardians,' for sure. Certainly you�ll get more than the one turn-around-and-smirk. You�ll get much more than that."

Although Feige describes Guardians of the Galaxy as being more of a standalone film than other entries in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he is quick to point out that there will be reminders of a shared continuity.

"We�ve already said that Thanos plays a part in it and is a character in it," he says. "That in and of itself should tell you it�s connected to the other worlds."

Describing the Guardians themselves as an "unlikely band," Feige goes on to break down the five central characters as follows:

Drax the Destroyer (Dave Bautista)

"Drax has one goal and one goal only, which is to kill Ronan because of a past tragedy."

Gamora (Zoe Saldana)

"When we meet Gamora, she�s a bad guy working with Ronan and Nebula and Korath and, by extension, for Thanos. Gamora doesn�t necessarily like doing that anymore, and tries to find a new path for herself. But she has such a reputation as the deadliest woman in the galaxy that people aren�t greeting her with open arms."

Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord (Chris Pratt)

"Peter Quill left Earth in the mid-�80s, but when we meet back up with him he�s very much a citizen of the universe."

Groot

"Groot is a species that happens to look like trees look, and is quite communicative if you can understand the different inflections in the way he says, 'I am Groot.'"

Rocket

"Rocket has been genetically and mechanically altered, he�s an experiment from one part of the galaxy.

Also starring Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, Benicio del Toro, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close and Gregg Henry, Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters August 1, 2014.