Guardians of the Galaxy 3D - In theaters August 01, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team–the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand - with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.
With: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket, Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gilian, Djimon Hounsou with John C. Reilly, Glenn Close as Commander Rael and Benicio del Toro as The Collector.

Trailer:

Attachments

• guardians.jpg
    guardians.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Courtesy SpinOff Online...

It took a long time for fans to learn who would voice Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy, but even with Bradley Cooper cast in the role, there’s still no telling what the Marvel character will sound like. In fact, Cooper himself isn’t even sure.

“He’s seen as a cockney accent sometimes,” the actor told Collider about Rocket’s voice, “so we talked about whether we’d do that or do this sort of other guy from the city a little bit.”

It sounds like Cooper, director James Gunn and Marvel are still debating exactly how Rocket will sound in the space adventure. One think that’s not a question mark, however, is Cooper’s affection for the character.

“I wasn’t familiar with the comic at all and then I really loved it,” he said, “and I love that character. He’s incredible, that character.”

Guardians of the Galaxy hits theaters on Aug. 1, 2014.

OFFICIAL: Vin Diesel to Voice Groot in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

http://marvel.com/news/movies_tv/2013/12/21/21680/official_vin_diesel_to_voice_groot_in_marvels_guardians_of_the_galaxy

Vin Diesel is Groot!

1531808_10152191949068313_2119721159_n.jpg

The star of the Fast and the Furious and Riddick franchises will lend his voice to Groot in Marvel's live-action "Guardians of the Galaxy," rounding out the team that includes Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper), Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Drax (Dave Bautista).

Featured in four of the six movies in the fan-favorite "Fast & Furious" franchise, Diesel has helped the series gross over $2 billion at the box office; and will reprise his role in "Fast & Furious 7." Diesel's most recent film, "Riddick," the third film in the franchise that has so far earned a cumulative $267.3 million across the globe, debuted this year at the top of the box office. In addition to lending his voice to several video games, Diesel's received great acclaim for his voice work in the celebrated animated film "The Iron Giant," directed by Brad Bird.

In the far reaches of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, an unlikely cast of characters including Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccoon must join forces to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions. Directed by James Gunn, the live-action "Guardians of the Galaxy" will take fans to new corners of the Marvel Universe when it hits theaters August 1, 2014, but in the meantime stay tuned to Marvel.com for the latest news as it breaks, including official casting, first looks and more!

In addition to "Guardians of the Galaxy," Marvel Studios will release a slate of films based on the Marvel characters including "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on April 4, 2014; "Avengers: Age of Ultron" on May 1, 2015; and "Ant-Man" on July 31, 2015.

:movie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ocielz
i think this movie will lead up more to Phase 3 or 4 than Avengers 2. the major movie that will lead up most to Avengers 2 is Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
from what i read on the Guardians recently, the story focuses on a mysterious orb that everyone is after. my guess is it is an Infinity Stone.

So am I right in thinking this will lead into 'The Avengers 2'?

GotG will lead more into Avengers 3 and possibly Thor 3. Thanos will be featured in GotG and he's set to be the Avengers' adversary in the third flick.

Cap 2 is the film that'll be leading directly into the second Avengers.

Reactions: bloodsnake007