Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 1 OST (CD SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 3rd , 2018
Purchase Link: Zavvi (pre-orders will be live December 5 at around 12PM noon UK time)
Price: £15.99
Notes: CD SteelBook (doesn't include the film) - Embossing on logo, Includes an 8 page booklet

11636141-1434535674223136.jpg

11636141-9564535674362333.jpg

Last edited:
Must not be enough pre-orders ....
Might be the reason

I don't think having a later release date though will make much difference to get lot of sales with the price at the moment

It's cool idea but I'm not sure if there is a market to get decent sales

Might be the reason

I don't think having a later release date though will make much difference to get lot of sales with the price at the moment

It's cool idea but I'm not sure if there is a market to get decent sales

Yeah. Likely would have done better just sticking it in a g2 with a second disc hub as then people would just view it as another GOTG they need to get that has soundtrack inside and many us GOTG or marvel nuts own more than one copy of the film anyhow anyways ....

personally i welcome the new case and size etc as it will be a neat edition .... but sales wise maybe the above would bringing in more traditional buyers.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Not surprising really... I haven't seen Zavvi or Marvel do any promo for this since it was first announced, so what do they expect?

I'm just not a huge fan of the artwork and colour of the case. Of all the artwork I have seen for this film, both official and alternate, this is a poor choice. Add to that, that not long before this was announced I had JUST bought the regular CD release to keep in my car.

Maybe peeps will prefer PART 2 ... pre-orderable from today 6PM (UK time)
Not going to comment on the price .... except to say that it's the same as for PART 1.

upload_2018-4-24_20-57-46.png
upload_2018-4-24_20-55-0.png
upload_2018-4-24_20-56-6.png
upload_2018-4-24_21-1-57.png

Release date has been changed
It's now 03 August 2018
I was jsut wondering if they changed the date for this as I could have sworn it was due out pre-Avengers....

shame. It needs to release so it can drop in price.

as much as I want this, and the Vol 2 thats announced, am not willing to pay over a tenner for it(if it drops to £9.99 or less, I'll bite)

Reactions: DudleyMan
Maybe peeps will prefer PART 2 ... pre-orderable from today 6PM (UK time)
Not going to comment on the price .... except to say that it's the same as for PART 1.

View attachment 370946View attachment 370944View attachment 370945 View attachment 370954
I think the price is the problem.
No CD is over a tenner when released now(am one of the few who still regularly buy CD;s and usually I pay £8-£9 for a brand new album on release day), and yes these are steelbook style cases, but wanting an extra 60%-70% of the standard cost is just greedy.
They would shift more units if it was only a pound or two more than the jewel case versions.

Infact, CD sales could have make a mini-recovery if they just started releases steels for the same price - a pretty package might coax people to start buying CD's again...maybe. But what do I know :)

I think the price is the problem.
No CD is over a tenner when released now(am one of the few who still regularly buy CD;s and usually I pay £8-£9 for a brand new album on release day), and yes these are steelbook style cases, but wanting an extra 60%-70% of the standard cost is just greedy.
They would shift more units if it was only a pound or two more than the jewel case versions.

Infact, CD sales could have make a mini-recovery if they just started releases steels for the same price - a pretty package might coax people to start buying CD's again...maybe. But what do I know :)
Problem is in general CD sales have dropped a lot and is the most affected in terms of physical media format decline to streaming and on demand services and illegal downloading
A lot of music is now listened using likes of spotify and apple music and other similar services with younger generation and it's them that also have embraced watching films on Netflix/Hulu etc and also using Digital purchases iTunes etc instead of physical media

Vinyl records is a different matter that is having a big revival and is back to 1990 level of sales how long that will continue I don't know yet
There will be HD Vinyl soon that could be interesting to see how that works out

I like the idea of these CD steelbooks but the price needs to be lot less to have a chance of been long term success IMO

Ultimately I have decided that I have the cassette tape releases so I don't need this. I'll wait for a film soundtrack I don't already have two copies of. lol