Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimate bookcase / Mancave :woot:

original.gif
Very nice but limited steelbook storage, expensive and impractical (heavy to slide when fully laden I'm guessing).

The way I've done it is the cheapest and the best way to get maximum steelbook and Amaray storage in a limited space.
Cost per unit of GBP 65 approx. without lighting - made up of BILLY BOOKCASE @GBP 35 / BILLY EXTRA SHELVES @GBP 7 each / HEIGHT EXTENSION UNIT @GBP 15 plus 4 CABINET DOWNLIGHTS @GBP 21 each (not essential) and time/patience/certain amount of skill (plus a bunch of screws, a drill, tape-measure, draughtproofing roll etc. . . . lol).

Last from me on this off-topic as this bunch of posts is likely to be moved to the steelbook storage thread anon.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.avforums.com/review/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-film-movie-cinema-review.13568

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...ans-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-in-dolby-cinema/38966

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
image.gif

So who's seen this anyway?

Anyone attend the midnight showing? Or been today?

Is it as good as the first? Better? Worse? (No spoilers please)

@zavvi
I tweeted Zavvi already but can you take a look at the website in regards to the euro price it can't be correct
Price in UK pounds is
£24.99 Save: £4.00

Price in Euro is €34.99 no save amount is listed for the Euro Price
£24.99 in Euros is not €34.99 it should be €30.25

Can you get Zavvi to correct the price in Euro's (€)

Thanks
Paul

View attachment 308706

So who's seen this anyway?

Anyone attend the midnight showing? Or been today?

Is it as good as the first? Better? Worse? (No spoilers please)
Just got in from seeing it. I enjoyed it, maybe a little less than the first (think part of the appeal of the first was being so surprised by a bunch of characters I had no knowledge of, and Marvel/Disney making such a fun film with it)

Worth watching, definitely more jokes than the first (make of that what you will- some of the setups were a little cringe inducing in my opinion but most of the jokes hit the spot)

Oh; and the soundtrack didn't have the same appeal as the original either in my opinion.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Just got in from seeing it. I enjoyed it, maybe a little less than the first (think part of the appeal of the first was being so surprised by a bunch of characters I had no knowledge of, and Marvel/Disney making such a fun film with it)

Worth watching, definitely more jokes than the first (make of that what you will- some of the setups were a little cringe inducing in my opinion but most of the jokes hit the spot)

Oh; and the soundtrack didn't have the same appeal as the original either in my opinion.

Thanks

I think I understand what you mean, I knew nothing about these space misfits and was a huge part of the appeal as they turned out quality

Oh every marvel film will be worth watching for me lol I'm going next week.
Ah ok, well hopefully not as cringe as the dr strange jokes but then a big part of that cringe for me was cucumbersnatches terrible delivery on trying to be funny - don't suit him

Funnily enough I just listened to the soundtrack. Just said to noodles that although it's not as standout as the first it's still a great f**ing soundtrack. Own a lot of the songs anyway and I'm happy come a little bit closer is on it.
Not as stand out but still one of the better marvel soundtracks

Very looking forward to the film and hearing the music that way

• Thanks
Reactions: Andycadle84
@zavvi
I tweeted Zavvi already but can you take a look at the website in regards to the euro price it can't be correct
Price in UK pounds is
£24.99 Save: £4.00

Price in Euro is €34.99 no save amount is listed for the Euro Price
£24.99 in Euros is not €34.99 it should be €30.25

Can you get Zavvi to correct the price in Euro's (€)

Thanks
Paul
I've already called them on it early yesterday morning on Facebook.

They just tend to ignore us.......

I think they're just setting whatever price they want for the euro price now, conversion rate be damned. The 15.99 steels went up too, used to be 18 euro something, now they're a flat 20 euro.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Big Z is on holidays he posted that Little Z will be running the show while he is on holidays :LOL:
Might explain why we not got a reply from Big Z after Friday.

Zavvi CS replied to me on Friday Morning
Hi Paul, I will send this over to be looked at for you

Awaiting an update from Zavvi CS