Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (3D & 4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: September 4, 2017
Purchase links: 3D Steelbook - 4K Steelbook - Steelbook + T-shirt bundle
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £32.99 (4K)
Notes: Available in two options - 3D 1080p & 4K Ultra HD (both include 2D)

11464330-1644499618047587.jpg

11464330-1754499364962586.jpg 11464330-2814499618197239.jpg 11464330-1014499618299416.jpg
11464330-1454479916445904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't Zavvi do price guarantee promise pre-orders like amazon?
Yes but it's rarely applied automatic for customers outside the UK
You have to contact them after you get delivery to get the pre order price promise

Euro rate of exchange price changes don't count unless UK price has to changed to be considered for pre order price promise.

If you used a discount code pre order price promise don't apply

The price in Euro is wrong at the moment it don't have the save amount applied it's the RRP price without the save amount reduction applied
UK to Euro price can change to small differences with exchange rates changing at different times over the coming months but that is not what is wrong at the moment.

It should be €30.25 based on exchange rate applied to other releases that are £24.99 at the moment on Zavvi Website

Last edited:
Euro 34.99 - same price as the French FNAC steelbook but at least that steelbook contains a booklet (reportedly).

It should be €30.25 based on exchange rate applied to other releases that are £24.99 at the moment on Zavvi Website

I already contacted Zavvi for this. They replied to me and told they were not going to change it and they were not going to check currency exchange rates for every steelbook they sell.

So, they really don't care...

I already contacted Zavvi for this. They replied to me and told they were not going to change it and they were not going to check currency exchange rates for every steelbook they sell.

So, they really don't care...
It's nothing to do with currency exchange rate

UK price is £24.99 (Save amount £4.00) without save amount RRP price is £28.99
Euro Price is €34.99 (No save amount listed)

Zavvi have not applied the save amount for the Euro Price listing on the website
It's should be €30.29 after save amount applied

Examples Zavvi Website after both UK and Euro listings with Save £ and Save € amount applied
Frozen is £24.99 and price in Euro €30.29
Mona is £24.99 and price in Euro is €30.29

US Dollars Listing has for the Guardians Steelbook
$32.74 Save: $5.24

Guardians Steelbook
Euro Price listing €34.99 and is missing the Save: €
It should be €30.29 after Save: € applied

Last edited:
So outside UK buyers, you can risk waiting for the 'save amount' or for this to sell out. I don't think there are many left available for pre-order.

So outside UK buyers, you can risk waiting for the 'save amount' or for this to sell out. I don't think there are many left available for pre-order.

from what it would seem is with outside uk zavvi are not willing with pound/all other currency rates/ brexit effect etc willing to take any hit so it would seem pony up(pay up) or don't.
which i dis-agree with btw before anyone thinks different.

seems zavvi are going/wanting to be cutting down on euro/worldwide shipping in there business plan going forward. unless people are going to pay more not good (n)
zavvi seem to be exploiting there outside uk customers as shown by paulbolands figures above, not good EEK!

basil :thumbs:

It's only the Euro price that is incorrect
All other currencies except the euro listing of Guardians steelbook have the correct price with save amount applied
It's a system glitch that needs to be fixed for customer who pay in Euros

It's only Guardians steelbook that has the error in Euros price all other releases are not affected

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T
from what it would seem is with outside uk zavvi are not willing with pound/all other currency rates/ brexit effect etc willing to take any hit so it would seem pony up(pay up) or don't.
which i dis-agree with btw before anyone thinks different.

seems zavvi are going/wanting to be cutting down on euro/worldwide shipping in there business plan going forward. unless people are going to pay more not good (n)
zavvi seem to be exploiting there outside uk customers as shown by paulbolands figures above, not good EEK!

basil :thumbs:

Or maybe you have someone who cannot be bothered to add the save amount on.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
It's only the Euro price that is incorrect
All other currencies except the euro listing of Guardians steelbook have the correct price with save amount applied
It's a system glitch that needs to be fixed for customer who pay in Euros

It's only Guardians steelbook that has the error in Euros price all other releases are not affected

Euro's is a large currency so there's a flip side for waiting. It might not sell out as fast due to the Euro currency covering so many countries that are waiting for the correct price drop

@zavvi is aiming at losing a few thousand customers with their stunts. Big mistake.
I will not be ordering this steelbook from them especially if they think they can charge non GBP countries more for same products.

It could be down to a human error, as opposed to a marketing pricing decision, the difference being is someone is too lazy or cannot be bothered to change the price to the correct one due to the bank holiday weekend in the UK. If its a marketing decision to not alter the price then I agree, it can lose a good few customers. As this is WWA it's nothing special and many EU countries will have this, minus the English data sheet.

I don't understand why the GBP vs. EUR price difference is a problem in practice.

When I order from Zavvi UK, I simply select GBP as the currency and complete the order in GBP.

Every time I've checked, my CC company's currency conversion rate has been better for me than that offered by any retailer (Zavvi, Amazon, etc.), anyway.

Confirmed Title on Spine...J-card in English...Not yet listed by BestBuy?

Its a shame that certain things that should be standard are now considered selling points. With this being a big Disney release, I find it prudent for myself to wait and see what else is out there. Of course Best Buy will have an offering. If I am not wrong, they will have the correct artwork first as they have in the past.

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
If I may ask...Why? It is a worldwide release after all.

WWA zavvis marvel uk steels are usually more sought after than any other countries WWA editon, not sure why. Not all the time, But most the time. This will still sell out very quick and come back after release for a short time

Same goes for some of their other Disney titles be it Pixar, live action or Star Wars etc

Reactions: lgans316
WWA zavvis marvel uk steels are usually more sought after than any other countries WWA editon, not sure why. Not all the time, But most the time. This will still sell out very quick and come back after release for a short time

Same goes for some of their other Disney titles be it Pixar, live action or Star Wars etc

Partly because of it is usually the first to go live, no charges till they are ready to ship and cheap shipping ( not that this will ever entice me ) Being that I am more picky with what I buy and the fact that we all know there will be more announcements, I am still amazed by the rush to order.

TBH I havent a clue why people are going bonkers for star wars since the same steel is available from amazon DE at a fraction of the cost. The Best buy edition is currently fetching $70-80 easy on the bay. Not sure what the UK one is doing. Even the Korean version would be cheaper.

Partly because of it is usually the first to go live, no charges till they are ready to ship and cheap shipping ( not that this will ever entice me ) Being that I am more picky with what I buy and the fact that we all know there will be more announcements, I am still amazed by the rush to order.

TBH I havent a clue why people are going bonkers for star wars since the same steel is available from amazon DE at a fraction of the cost. The Best buy edition is currently fetching $70-80 easy on the bay. Not sure what the UK one is doing. Even the Korean version would be cheaper.

I wasn't on about it being because it's one of the first to go live - that don't affect it at all

People just go mad for uk WWA marvel/ Disney steel releases on the secondly market like they were a premium WEA from Asia. Even when that same steel is available at cost or less from USA or Germany etc.

For most of us on here it don't affect us because we know where to get them and when Things are live on zavvi for example or best buy for you guys but it happens pretty much always.

My guess would be non steel collectors who see a nice release well after release and have to get it on eBay later for double because if they were actual steel collectors they would of purchased them around live time (give or take the odd collector who truly missed it for some reason)

Yep, rogue one uk steel goes for £40-£55 sealed. No idea why but it does and the same with a lot of marvel - again not every release is like that but a lot do

I don't understand why the GBP vs. EUR price difference is a problem in practice.

When I order from Zavvi UK, I simply select GBP as the currency and complete the order in GBP.

Every time I've checked, my CC company's currency conversion rate has been better for me than that offered by any retailer (Zavvi, Amazon, etc.), anyway.

I would order in a different currency (GBP in this case) too, but the bank charges me for that and it's not peanuts.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ranavalone

I wasn't on about it being because it's one of the first to go live - that don't affect it at all

People just go mad for uk WWA marvel/ Disney steel releases on the secondly market like they were a premium WEA from Asia. Even when that same steel is available at cost or less from USA or Germany etc.

For most of us on here it don't affect us because we know where to get them and when Things are live on zavvi for example or best buy for you guys but it happens pretty much always.

My guess would be non steel collectors who see a nice release well after release and have to get it on eBay later for double because if they were actual steel collectors they would of purchased them around live time (give or take the odd collector who truly missed it for some reason)

Yep, rogue one uk steel goes for £40-£55 sealed. No idea why but it does and the same with a lot of marvel - again not every release is like that but a lot do

Guys I've always found this very intestesting why the Zavvi one is generally always more highly sought. Here are my two cents.

A lot of collectors want the English version, with the English data sheet.

Not all collectors are experienced and they are afraid of buying an import with the risk it may not play on the blu-ray player and if there are English subtitles subs and launguages.

In particular for the UK, it is a British thing to buy from and support the county the steel had been released. That's why so many of these UK marvel profit more than the international releases. They want the official UK release.

Collectors that don't have this release in their country are more likely to go for the UK release as it has the English data sheet, international lauguage.

Zavvi shipping is so cheap as well.

Completionists to own all English version marvels with English data sheet on it.

The UK release is much easier to resell on the secondary market by third party sellers so there will be always be a lot of demand emphasised on them, and when it does sell out very early, it gives that special feeling and a fear of loss factor.

Back to the Euro price fiasco, with the release date so long, it will take a little longer to sell out but it will eventually sell out.