Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
RELEASE DATE: Sept. 24, 2013
PRICE (at time of posting): $24.49
ORDER: Amazon

image.jpg

OLD IMAGE:

The film that ushered in the modern age of horror - Jamie Lee Curtis, in her debut role, plays a babysitter who must protect herself from the deadly Michael Myers, a mental institution escapee who killed his sister on Halloween fifteen years earlier. Called "the most successful independent motion picture of all time, HALLOWEEN is one of most frightening films ever made. Packed with brand-new extras and a brand new HD transfer from original vault elements for a true, definitive collector's edition.

ORIGINAL POST:
I am posting this here, as I know there are many fans of the film, and it could turn out to be some collector's edition (though it does not say that here). But, so I don't lose the thread, I won't put it in the regular Blu-Ray area for the USA just in case.

Per 'The Digital Bits':

Anchor Bay has revealed that they’re working on a new Halloween: 35th Anniversary Edition for release on Blu-ray and DVD later this year. They’re calling it “the greatest version with exciting extras” and have even reunited star Jamie Lee Curtis and director John Carpenter for the festivities. We’ll have more official details as they’re announced.

Attachments

• halloween_US.png
    halloween_US.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 540
Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen this on ebay, only stock photo but the seller described it as embossed with a foil sort of look to it... don't no how accurate that is but it sounds pretty nice ;)

Picked up my copy earlier. It is so thin. I call it the digiflyer because it feels like it's a few pages short of a book.

The cover has a weird feel to it though. There's no gloss on it except for the top banner and logo so the black and white part has a soft feel to it, almost like felt. And the mask is embossed too.

The cover looks good but that wallet for the disc is really lazy. Why would they not put a proper disc holder in there to avoid the disc getting marked up and scratched.

Sadly it seems as if Anchor Bay are following the Fox school of digibook design.
Poor disc holder and hardly any pages... Great shame when you think what Warner have done in the past in Germany & France.....

Great looking cover though!

Not capture but a pics I snapped with the camera to give an idea of the restored transfer.

I havent read any reviews but I'm quite happy with the new transfer. Visually looks very clear and clean. Audio now 7.1 True HD and the main theme certainly has good bass to it :D

(clicking images will give a larger image)

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't resist, 20 Euros incl. shipping to Germany from amazon.com - hard to beat!!!

hard to beat?! i'm gonna wait for about a month until real halloween, or black friday time, i'm quite sure the price will be incredibly low (for a short time period though). i can resist by now, going to order when it's 14.99 or below.