cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
Release date: September 26th, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom - Zavvi
Price: £14.99

8306602.jpg

Ten years have passed since FBI agent Clarice Starling faced the ingenious Dr. Hannibal Lecter… ten years of watching, wondering and waiting. But now the wait is over. The sophisticated killer re-emerges in Florence, Italy, ready to entice Clarice into their old game of cat-and-mouse. Yet she isn’t the only one interested in capturing him. Another mind with a dubious motive – ravenous vengeance – also wishes to stake his claim to the enigma that is Hannibal. But of these three brilliant minds, whose cunning will prevail? Only one thing is certain.
Special features:
• FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR RIDLEY SCOTT
• BREAKING THE SILENCE: THE MAKING OF HANNIBAL
• DELETED SCENES WITH OPTIONAL DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY
• ALTERNATE ENDING WITH OPTIONAL DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Zoom just a retailer? I imagine this should be sold elsewhere as well, right?
Zoom is UK only, so a lot of us can't buy this (without a proxy) if only they are selling it.

I h

I have still not seen manhunter tbh, didn't realise that. Will have to watch it now :)
Oh. You must!!!:thumbs:
It was the first to do two things: it sort if invented the forensics angle of criminology in films( which is kind of why it's poetic that William L. Peterson ended up on CSI!), and the first to do the "get inside the mind of a killer" angle.

I like this too. both film and steel. does it have eng subs ?

ENG SUBS - According to German BD forum . . . v . . . it's a "YES".

EXTRAS - Look to be exactly the same as on the 2009 U.K. Amaray release but there must be something extra for this "15th Anniversary Edition" . . . surely ???
upload_2016-7-14_13-53-19.png

PRICE - Boring subject, I know, but this is not a good price point for a catalogue title and will surely be collecting dust in the Zoom warehouse in the same way as the Zavvi exclusive steelbook does with the inevitable extreme price slash days/weeks/months later (as we all know not unusual for the vast majority of their catalogue releases).
If this is the start of a run of Exclusives (soon followed, I believe, by CHILDREN OF MEN 10th Anniversary Edition) then the pre-order pricing will have to be adjusted to max GBP 12.99 (before discount code) and even that is pushing it . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: nefilim and C.C. 95
ENG SUBS - According to German BD forum . . . v . . . it's a "YES".

EXTRAS - Look to be exactly the same as on the 2009 U.K. Amaray release but there must be something extra for this "15th Anniversary Edition" . . . surely ???
View attachment 251835

PRICE - Boring subject, I know, but this is not a good price point for a catalogue title and will surely be collecting dust in the Zoom warehouse in the same way as the Zavvi exclusive steelbook does with the inevitable extreme price slash days/weeks/months later (as we all know not unusual for the vast majority of their catalogue releases).
If this is the start of a run of Exclusives (soon followed, I believe, by CHILDREN OF MEN 10th Anniversary Edition) then the pre-order pricing will have to be adjusted to max GBP 12.99 (before discount code) and even that is pushing it . . .
Bad catalogue price point + Zoom only selling regionally = Zoom does not want to be successful business?

Arrrgh... Zoom doesn't deliver outside of the U.K. - this and the Warcraft Steelbooks would look VERY nice in my collection.
I know there is a GB elsewhere... But I can't imagine that Zoom has the complete exclusivity on this....

It's a universal pictures release
I would not be surprised if this gets released in other European countries
On Zoom's site - it says they are owned by Universal. So I don't know what that means for possibility of this being sold elsewhere...

Zoom is owned by a joint venture between Universal and Sony. Chances are this will get another release within Europe for sure

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Yes, quite agree, that there are plenty of awesome silver steelbooks, but in this case and with this art I'd much prefer it to be a shade of white.
I could easily live with either as long as they pull it off correctly!
(I don't mean to scare anyone but.....Zavvi America Psycho!!!EEK!)

The steelbook is also available from Amazon Germany
Most of the Zoom UK steelbooks are available from other retailers in France/Germany/Italy

Amazon.de just has a list and notification rather than a preorder right now.
81pZ-V8DjOL._SX342_.jpg
It has just not gone live yet but should do at some stage soon
Zoom steelbooks are from Universal and are using their own online retail store to sell in the UK

Universal Pictures have with the other steelbooks you see on Zoom most already available to order with retailers in other countries within Europe
Zoom just have the UK retailer exclusive for some universal steelbooks but not all as some are trade wide

I also would not be surprised after a few months the UK Zoom exclusive steelbooks show up on Amazon/Zavvi to shift unsold stock

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95