cooey

Premium Supporter
Jan 5, 2012
UK
Release date: September 26th, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom - Zavvi
Price: £14.99

8306602.jpg

Ten years have passed since FBI agent Clarice Starling faced the ingenious Dr. Hannibal Lecter… ten years of watching, wondering and waiting. But now the wait is over. The sophisticated killer re-emerges in Florence, Italy, ready to entice Clarice into their old game of cat-and-mouse. Yet she isn’t the only one interested in capturing him. Another mind with a dubious motive – ravenous vengeance – also wishes to stake his claim to the enigma that is Hannibal. But of these three brilliant minds, whose cunning will prevail? Only one thing is certain.
Special features:
• FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR RIDLEY SCOTT
• BREAKING THE SILENCE: THE MAKING OF HANNIBAL
• DELETED SCENES WITH OPTIONAL DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY
• ALTERNATE ENDING WITH OPTIONAL DIRECTOR'S COMMENTARY

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the artwork, similar to the Saw but shame it was discontinued. Pre-ordered with the discount code. Works out cheaper than the DE version due to the 4 euros shipping.

GBP 12.74 (RAK15OFF) for this maybe doesn't sound too painful but just because they are a new retailer doesn't make me want to sit up and say "WOW! got to get these new exclusives !" and pay these prices for catalogue steels which should be priced at around a tenner - after discount code - at pre-order (IMO).

Hannibal 15th Anniversary (Zoom Exclusive Steelbook Limited Edition) [Blu-Ray]

£14.99
£14.99
RAK15OFF Rakuten 15% OFF
Delivery
Sub Total £14.99
Discount -£2.25
Delivery £0.00
Total £12.74

There's also the Zavvi factor, at least in my case, where I'm happy to sit on my hands on most catalogue titles until they reach my price point and TBH I'm very curious to see how this company treats it's exclusives in the U.K. after release date:-

a) Will there be price reductions a month or two after release on these titles like at you know where?

b) How quickly / slowly will this and other exclusives sell out and what is the print run of each?
Taking HANNIBAL as an example: suppose the print run is 4,000, say, shared between Zoom UK and Amazon.de with 2,000 pieces each which would make this an "Ultra limited" release in the U.K. (to borrow another retailer's description) although that in itself does not guarantee a quick sell-out and doesn't mean that the steel will not hang around for a year or two with various price reductions throughout its life history until if finally does sell out.

c) How many exclusives can we expect from Zoom per month because ATM I'm seeing 8 between now and the end of the year (1 in SEPTEMBER (HANNIBAL 26/9), 5 in OCTOBER (WARCRAFT 10/10, GRIMM 17/10, BARBARELLA, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - with slipbox - and TMNT: OUT OF THE SHADOWS all 24/10) and 2 in NOVEMBER (CHILDREN OF MEN 7/11, STAR TREK: BEYOND exclusive lenticular magnet 21/11)).

26th Sep -----------------------------------/ 10th Oct -------------------------------- 17th Oct ------------------------------- 24th Oct -------------------------------- 24th Oct (WHITE not silver reportedly) ----------------

160012_large.jpg
157202_large.jpg
161758_large.jpg
162989_large.jpg
157203_large.jpg

24th Oct ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/ 7th Nov ----------------------------------------- 21st Nov
8309322_1.jpg
160356_large.jpg
8309499_1.jpg

Going by the German edition - same as ours in the U.K. - I'd say it's quite decent - plain, elegant and stylish artwork with reportedly a gloss finish and de-bossed title to finish it off.:-
VX2KTUu.jpg

qGNoOYO.jpg

Looks to be white (?) although nowhere near as white as the j-card
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
GBP 12.74 (RAK15OFF) for this maybe doesn't sound too painful but just because they are a new retailer doesn't make me want to sit up and say "WOW! got to get these new exclusives !" and pay these prices for catalogue steels which should be priced at around a tenner - after discount code - at pre-order (IMO).

Hannibal 15th Anniversary (Zoom Exclusive Steelbook Limited Edition) [Blu-Ray]

£14.99
£14.99
RAK15OFF Rakuten 15% OFF
Delivery
Sub Total £14.99
Discount -£2.25
Delivery £0.00
Total £12.74

There's also the Zavvi factor, at least in my case, where I'm happy to sit on my hands on most catalogue titles until they reach my price point and TBH I'm very curious to see how this company treats it's exclusives in the U.K. after release date:-

a) Will there be price reductions a month or two after release on these titles like at you know where?

b) How quickly / slowly will this and other exclusives sell out and what is the print run of each?
Taking HANNIBAL as an example: suppose the print run is 4,000, say, shared between Zoom UK and Amazon.de with 2,000 pieces each which would make this an "Ultra limited" release in the U.K. (to borrow another retailer's description) although that in itself does not guarantee a quick sell-out and doesn't mean that the steel will not hang around for a year or two with various price reductions throughout its life history until if finally does sell out.

c) How many exclusives can we expect from Zoom per month because ATM I'm seeing 8 between now and the end of the year (1 in SEPTEMBER (HANNIBAL 26/9), 5 in OCTOBER (WARCRAFT 10/10, GRIMM 17/10, BARBARELLA, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - with slipbox - and TMNT: OUT OF THE SHADOWS all 24/10) and 2 in NOVEMBER (CHILDREN OF MEN 7/11, STAR TREK: BEYOND exclusive lenticular magnet 21/11)).

26th Sep -----------------------------------/ 10th Oct -------------------------------- 17th Oct ------------------------------- 24th Oct -------------------------------- 24th Oct (WHITE not silver reportedly) ----------------

160012_large.jpg
157202_large.jpg
161758_large.jpg
162989_large.jpg
157203_large.jpg

24th Oct ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/ 7th Nov ----------------------------------------- 21st Nov
8309322_1.jpg
160356_large.jpg
8309499_1.jpg

Going by the German edition - same as ours in the U.K. - I'd say it's quite decent - plain, elegant and stylish artwork with reportedly a gloss finish and de-bossed title to finish it off.:-
VX2KTUu.jpg

qGNoOYO.jpg

Looks to be white (?) although nowhere near as white as the j-card
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
Hello! Could you please confirm if the Hannibal DE edition is region free?
Thanks!

A bunch catalogue Steelbook releases are no longer Zoom exclusives

Zoom have hit the UK steelbook market hard, with a load of very nice exclusive releases, covering both new movies and old.

Now, the catalogue titles are no longer to be exclusives, which will be welcome to those who live outside the UK, beyond Zoom’s delivery area.

Zavvi are making all of these titles available to order on Saturday at 6pm UK time

They will be going live as ‘in stock’, with shipping expected to the begin by the middle of next week.

Last edited: