Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 8, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
Note: 2 discs
Link to all Harry Potter hmv exclusive Steelbooks
HDN Group Buy: HERE (hosted by Naughtius Maximus)

01-335598.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Im surprised your surprised, These big companys know us OCD collectors love these things, they are like crack to us, why not milk people if you know they will pay it :)

True I'm just glad I don't like the artwork.. :ohno:

I would buy the French if not for the French titles. I didn't like them at first - but if executed correctly they could be nice. But, will there really be no version of the those covers with English titles?! That is a real shame. And only the heartiest of HP collectiors will get both the French and UK collections.
The prices are also out of whack for being catalog titles.
Looks like the UK are getting slip covers with the same artwork as France. I'm hoping we get these in the States, if not i'll most likely wait for in hand pics, as i the think the print run will be big and won't sell out right away.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Looks like the UK are getting slip covers with the same artwork as France. I'm hoping we get these in the States, if not i'll most likely wait for in hand pics, as i the think the print run will be big and won't sell out right away.
Which UK versions? The HMVs have those insignia crest images.
The AMARAY UK slipcover Blu rays will have the same art as the French steelbooks,
but not the UK HMV steelbook versions (unless the UK HMV steelbooks have slipcovers that have not been mentioned yet - and that would be awesome.)

Last edited:
Ya their Amrays. Do you prefer the French Artwork or the UK? It's funny as of now the Slipcovers are more the steelbooks.
I wish the slips for the amarays were the steelbook covers. And I can't justify buying the amaray set to steal the slips to put on the steelbooks....
(And the French ones...well, they have a French title....)
Oh my.:(

Reactions: jeffster15
I wish the slips for the amarays were the steelbook covers. And I can't justify buying the amaray set to steal the slips to put on the steelbooks....
(And the French ones...well, they have a French title....)
Oh my.:(
I'm in the same boat as you haha. I love the French artwork, but i can't get pas the French text. I kinda like the Uk as well and if glossed and embossed, it can be very nice as well. I'm holding out hope that with all the releases popping up, that we might get a release here in the States. :)

Reactions: C.C. 95
I'm in the same boat as you haha. I love the French artwork, but i can't get pas the French text. I kinda like the Uk as well and if glossed and embossed, it can be very nice as well. I'm holding out hope that with all the releases popping up, that we might get a release here in the States. :)
I'm hoping SOMEONE gets this right! The French Steelbook pictures with ENGLISH titles.
Is that, like, TOO MUCH TO ASK?!!!!:OMG::LOL:

Reactions: jeffster15
Film Arena have announced a few Warner titles recently so it is possible these will be released as well.

Gutting. I love the HP series and I don't actually own them on blueray or steel. Been wanting the FS collection for so long (But point blank refuse to be fleeced of £500+ for them) but I wouldn't even second glance these if I walked past them in HMV.

Boring, unoriginal and dull. Why even bother?

If nothing else they kind of look like they could be book covers. Similarly, the French ones look more like they could be the covers for the 'adult' versions of the books they did, where the art for them was just a bit more abstract rather than a cartoon drawing.

Irrelevant maybe but I think the new HP BOOK COVERS - designed by Jonny Duddle - would make AWESOME steelbook covers too (if JD can be persuaded to create a Part 2 for DEATHLY HALLOWS of course):-

Regarding the artwork on the French mock-ups - which people think will be the same everywhere in Europe - just like to say that I find it disappointing that the artwork is the same as on our forthcoming Amarays and because of that new (to me) information I'm REALLY hoping that the U.K. steelbooks will have different art to that on the Amarays.

The other possibility of course is that the French steelbooks are in fact sheep in wolves clothing i.e. not steelbooks but Amarays - same as our upcoming Amarays - and it wouldn't be the first time this has happened where misleading steelbook mock-ups have been shown for what later turned out to be Amarays!.

It's also quite possible that the HMV steelbook set is THE ONLY steelbook set for Europe the idea reinforced by the lack of ARTWORK TBC and CREATIVE NOT FINAL on the HMV images.

Last edited:
Irrelevant maybe but I think the new HP BOOK COVERS - designed by Jonny Duddle - would make AWESOME steelbook covers too (if JD can be persuaded to create a Part 2 for DEATHLY HALLOWS of course):-

Regarding the artwork on the French mock-ups - which people think will be the same everywhere in Europe - just like to say that I find it disappointing that the artwork is the same as on our forthcoming Amarays and because of that new (to me) information I'm REALLY hoping that the U.K. steelbooks will have different art to that on the Amarays.

Totally agree those new book images would have been very good