Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 8, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
Note: 2 discs
Link to all Harry Potter hmv exclusive Steelbooks
HDN Group Buy: HERE (hosted by Naughtius Maximus)

01-335598.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia and C.C. 95
I have cancelled both German Box set and France Steelbook versions

I can see the UK steelbooks ending up with a huge price drop in a few months

I already have the very nice box set Harry Potter Hogwarts collection so I'm not in a hurry to get either UK/German or France steelbooks

Yes, can't argue with that, as GBP 120 for the set of 8 is still pricey - withholding comment on the original price of GBP 180 - and will hope to pick them up in a "2 for GBP 25" promotion at some point.
Just the one niggle:-
1) Got to say that it makes absolutely NO SENSE to me to not include the German box in the HMV Exclusive - it has got ENGLISH PRINT on it after all (judging by the mock-up) and has artwork matching their/our steelbooks and looks like an ideal box to store/display the steels and basically the type of box I would have loved for the STAR TREK 10 steelbook set:-

upload_2016-8-5_22-38-35.png

The fact that the German set also includes other goodies such as a 48 page book entitled "CATALOGUE OF ARTEFACTS" - which promises to be fascinating - and looks to be in English BTW - as well as a map of Hogwarts and its surroundings and 5 printed sketches of the production design by Norman Stuart Craig (three times Academy Award winner for Best Production Design) is also more than a little annoying.

So . . . what puts me off buying the German set despite the box and the other goodies? simple . . . non-English printed titles on the fronts and on the spines (e.g. ". . . undder Stein der Weisen" / ". . . and the Philosopher's Stone").:-
upload_2016-8-5_23-21-1.png

So . . . why won't I buy the French WEA (?) set despite the morie interesting artwork (imo)? again simple . . . non-English printed titles on the fronts and on the spines (". . .a L'Ecole des Sorciers" / ". . . at the Wizard's School" or as we know it ". . . and the Philosopher's Stone").:-
91R3uFUC99L._SL1500_.jpg

That's true....but WHY(?) with all the mixing and matching could they NOT have had an edition with the art on the French Steelbooks with ENGLISH titles?!!!!!! Whyy???!!!!:arghh:
Why? because like Headhunter said, they are geniuses :LOL:

It's Warner... the same geniuses who think it's a perfectly good idea to write a superfluous line of text on the front of their French BvS steelbook.
LOL :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Headhunter
UK steelbooks back artwork matches the style of the front they look ok but not amazing
I will wait it out for a price drop
If they drop to £9.99 or less I will get them

I still though would have preferred the UK steelbooks if they had of used France steelbooks artwork with English text

I'm not in a rush to double dip on these films when I already have the Hogwarts Box Set when it dropped in price a few months ago to £48