Release date: December 16th, 2011
Price: FREE with the purchase of Deathly Allows Part 2

hp_scan.jpg

Actual pictures:
IMG-20111213-00075.jpg

IMG-20111213-00076.jpg

IMG-20111213-00078.jpg

Original post:
I hate to bring this up again, but is there still no word from anyone about that shelf to store all the Future Shop steelbooks together? I haven't seen much discussion about that for a while.

edit - apsmith21 - thanks to Drum18 for this info from the future shop advert

Purchase MUST be done ONLYon November 11th!!!
A code for the FREE collector's case will be written on the bill. Bring the coupon back to the store on Dec. 16th to obtain the case. LIMITED QUANTITIES, while supply last. At least 25 per store.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the quantity:
On the shipping box when they receive the HP box, it says 750 x 8pc = 6000. Those are really limited my friends!
b8977321-998b-8abe.jpg

Could the interpretation be 750 were made and the 8 pcs is the number of discs it can hold in each case?

this is how I interpret it..

750 x 8 boxes in a big box container...in probably several container per pallet.

the 132 happens to be the container of the 750.

750 x 8 = 6000 qty total

6000 qty is nothing special to hype about...still a lot in my opinion. Now, if it was 2000 or 1000 worldwide, then it'll be rare.

Could the interpretation be 750 were made and the 8 pcs is the number of discs it can hold in each case?

Last edited:
Xage, my thoughts are, that since the front part of that box area says 'Number of Cartons', and then it says 132/750 the 750 probably refers to the # of cartons. The 'Qty' Carton usually refers to how many are in 1 carton. So there would be 8 pieces in 1 cartonx 750 cartons. It's generally a 'standard' convention used when items are packed on skids inside larger boxes for import. Unless they deviated from this convention, it seems that 750 cartons of 8 pieces each are referenced here. Since there are 145 or so FS stores, and each store supposedly only got a few pieces (lets say 25) or whatever, for the 'giveaway' it makes sense that the 'extra' being 'sold' now as opposed to given away, is part of the whole 6000. However, no idea how many of these boxes that say '/750', actually exist. But usually the total number of cartons has to be printed on each box of the shipment, so that any customs clearance, and or shipping carrrier, can determine if all were delivered/received.

Since the item is only available on FS, and shortly via a flood on Ebay, I am sure (at a price that rapidly descends short term, when everyone and their mother will run to their store, and try to hose people for extra $$$). But since FS does not ship overseas, and if the 6000 rapidly sell out, there may still be collectors looking for it later. And since Scanavo's name is on the case, it will still be associated with 'Steelbook', the most popular name among collectors. I'd say the best thing to do if you want it, is to ask a friend to help you ASAP. As with all of these giveaways (even 6000 as a store exclusive) will still tempt the hoarders to list at outrageous prices. Collectors coming into the game late, or waiting, will end up paying a premium...IF they wait too long, imo.

Last edited:
Anyone that wants to purchase one and is willing to pay the retail price plus shipping and paypal fees (not making any money on this) .... you can PM me and I can see if my local store still has any tomorrow morning and get them for you if you like.

Reactions: apsmith21
Thanks Steelbook86 for offering to help. Folks, please keep inquiries regarding this to PMs, and not in this thread. SB86-you may want to use the original post of your trade thread, to keep track of inquiries-you may or may not get bombarbed. Thanks all! DB

Thanks Steelbook86 for offering to help. Folks, please keep inquiries regarding this to PMs, and not in this thread. SB86-you may want to use the original post of your trade thread, to keep track of
inquiries-you may or may not get bombarbed. Thanks all! DB

Ok, DB. Will do.

There's already one on Evil-bay for 150$.

Capitalism at its best and Economics. Supply/Demand Curve Midpoint = Price.:(

Don't forget there will be a lot of damaged ones in the store as all the best ones would be picked. So the 6000 in my opinion is around 5000 as I say 20 percent of them are not damage free. Anything around 5000 is very limited IMO, especially if it is available in one country only. I am sure ebay is doing a very good job in inflating the prices up to all the collectors who can't get one.