Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: November 6, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $224.99 $199.99

6290210_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that these have a matte finish. They look kind of dull in actual photos. I realize the OP shows a mock-up but I thought they would've been brighter.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Unboxing, not mine... PLEASE NOTE: Don't watch if you haven't seen the movies :p:censored:

Quite surprised these are matte. Nice artwork all round but everything looks so dull and washed out due to the lackluster finish. Check out the dent on the back of that shelf too... EEK!

Last edited:
After seeing them in the light in the video the colours do actually look a little brighter than the one picture I saw earlier.

But jeez, spoiler much? I've never seen the movies but I'm hoping to watch them someday. Maybe by the time I get around to them I might forget what he said.

• Haha
Reactions: Mickle_89
After seeing them in the light in the video the colours do actually look a little brighter than the one picture I saw earlier.

But jeez, spoiler much? I've never seen the movies but I'm hoping to watch them someday. Maybe by the time I get around to them I might forget what he said.
Yep sorry about that, perhaps I should've mentioned :sorry: I'll edit my post just incase lol.

Yep sorry about that, perhaps I should've mentioned :sorry: I'll edit my post just incase lol.

Like you said in the Infinity War thread...where's that thumbs down button when you need it (n) j/k :LOL:.

My fault. I should have stopped half way through when he started talking about the movies but I didn't think he would actually give away the ending to the whole series! :wtf:

Like you said in the Infinity War thread...where's that thumbs down button when you need it (n) j/k :LOL:.

My fault. I should have stopped half way through when he started talking about the movies but I didn't think he would actually give away the ending to the whole series! :wtf:
A HP virgin shouldn't be so active in these threads :cautious: Just sayin.... :whistle::coffee:

J/k ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
I received mine yesterday but DHp2 had a spine slash so I visited a store today that had a few copies in stock and exchanged it for a mint copy. Absolutely gorgeous set!

bj3pxKxh.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
For what it's worth the finish has considerably less visible streaks than you usually see on a Warner steel. Not the best matte finish by far but a tiny bit better than usual, at least when compared to my older Warner Steelbooks.

Absolutely love the box though and hope we see something similar with a six-Steelbook "Middle-Earth" UHD collection.

• Informative
Reactions: WKRP
This is such a frustrating franchise. Matte, no extras, extended editions in 1080p only. I still haven't bought it or watched it. At least they got rid of the dvds for this release--that box is checked off. Will they release it again? Of course.

Last edited:
I was ready to make a purchase but noticed a small dent on top of the metal shelf and decided against it because it was the only one in stock. I recall the previous 1080P set dropping to $80 so I can see this hitting $100-$120 in which case it will be worth it to me dent or not.

That first set sold out then came back for super cheap during a holiday sale, right? I assume most of the stock they had at that point was damaged returns.

That first set sold out then came back for super cheap during a holiday sale, right? I assume most of the stock they had at that point was damaged returns.
I think that was the case. I remember there were like 1 or 2 copies at my local store for a long time but they were not in great shape so I passed but still at $80 I was tempted.