Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: November 6, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $224.99 $199.99

6290210_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please describe what the case is made out of? Wood or Metal? Is it sturdy? And what is the back made of? Again wood or metal? Or is the back just cardboard or some kind of card?

Thank you so much for any info.
It's the same metal case/shelf that Futureshop had years ago. It is tin with mesh slots for the steelbooks.

Reactions: Stygian
That looks like very sturdy packaging. With France and Germany c***ing this up, I really want the US set. But it’s so expensive to import. :(

It's the same metal case/shelf that Futureshop had years ago

Right but I don't remember exactly what that was like. I saw it in a store but don't remember what it was like. I believe it was released in the last 2 or 3 years wasn't it? I'm mostly curious about the back panel. Is it part of the case or is just a card?

Good for them!:thumbs: I hope this is a preview of how they will do things in the future!
(Of course, having a ton of returns on damaged box steelbook sets would be a nightmare!:rofl:)

I'm guessing the foam blocks were made specifically for this release.

Right but I don't remember exactly what that was like. I saw it in a store but don't remember what it was like. I believe it was released in the last 2 or 3 years wasn't it? I'm mostly curious about the back panel. Is it part of the case or is just a card?
Well, there is a card there - but (I imagine) it is also a metal back behind the removable card like the original FS.
I haven't open the new one up yet- but here is my original future shop :
DED4E0BB-6582-4AA8-9D26-4A5980BB9662.jpeg9001F520-8B93-4518-9AD3-071A3725F96E.jpeg9B3DCDC8-8938-40F0-9EF0-51EC269775AA.jpeg
Second pic is the back.

Reactions: Stygian
Reactions: DMD4k
Went to the BB near my work(BB near my house didn't have em). They had two. One had two damaged steels and I showed that to one of the reps. The other one was clean so picked it up. Right next to it were two WW 4K. I wasn't expecting WW to be stocked so wasn't really paying attention. Got those too.

Spine slashes also happen during packaging and can be seen below the intact plastic seal as already shown with this release.

So far the rate of a set with damaged steels vs a set with completely undamaged steels is about 50/50.

Could be worse.