Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: November 6, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $224.99 $199.99

6290210_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure yet, I have the original future shop box thanks to @Drum18 and I'm curious to see what kind of shape these are in.

The original edition had loads of production issues (scratches)
It is interesting to see the hemming and hawing - because the real value here is the ability to get the shelf itself.
The shelf by itself was very hard to find for a long time, and very often went for a lot of dough on ebay if you could find one.
I think all around this is a major win-win. You get 4K steelbooks AND the shelf for a reasonable price.
12 months ago you would pay this price JUST for the empty shelf. (Assuming you could find one).
I know I paid quite a bit back in the day for the Futureshop shelf. (*Sad clown tears*:LOL:)

Not sure yet, I have the original future shop box thanks to @Drum18 and I'm curious to see what kind of shape these are in.

The original edition had loads of production issues (scratches)
I'm in the same boat as you, just want to be sure before I pull the trigger on this set seeing as how expensive it is. Also got my Futureshop set from @Drum18 in fact was the very first GB I joined.

• Informative
Reactions: wjasoncul
i knew i smelled a new harry potter release so i had to make an appearance. i'll just say this is a big maybe :naughty:

the wife bought me the amaray's with this slipcovers for christmas last year so not sure she's gonna want me to get this

Hmm. I have the Canadian set, the first HD Best Buy set. Do i really need a third? The answer would normally be "Yes!" but that price tag.... Ouch.

I just noticed I have my birthday coupon in effect still. $202. Damn you tempting me Best Buy....

Hmm. I have the Canadian set, the first HD Best Buy set. Do i really need a third? The answer would normally be "Yes!" but that price tag.... Ouch.

I just noticed I have my birthday coupon in effect still. $202. Damn you tempting me Best Buy....
If you have the Canadian steelbook set with the shelf, just get the 4K amaray versions and pop the 4K discs into the steelbooks!

Reactions: blu-steel

Yeah I noticed that I still have a 10% birthday coupon too. Very tempting.

man same artwork on the shelf as the original sets got me worried at least the steelbooks themselves are different art.

anyone know what extras are included or what versions these are. I've always wanted to see the extended versions that sometimes get shown on TV make an appearance in the disks.

man same artwork on the shelf as the original sets got me worried at least the steelbooks themselves are different art.

anyone know what extras are included or what versions these are. I've always wanted to see the extended versions that sometimes get shown on TV make an appearance in the disks.
It's the same shelf as the original Futureshop shelf.

yup at least the steelbook art is different. I had 2 sets of those shelves at one point. @Drum18 was a big part in getting the first set.
That was really tough back in the day.
I had to hunt high and low to find that shelf. (Regardless of price - just finding one was difficult).
People were paying what this set costs JUST for the shelf without any steelbooks!

Supposed to get mine on Wednesday but it hasn't shipped yet. Damn, this and Wonder Woman got me a little worried.

Yeah, I think Best Buy is doing a lot of volume now with that free shipping promotion, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a backlog at the warehouse right now. Just got the ship notice for another item (Wreck it Ralph) that's supposed to be out tomorrow but still no wonder woman :(

Reports from Best Buy insiders are saying that stores didn't get these from WB yet.

Might be the same delay as we are experiencing with Wonder Woman - which leads me to believe it's a distribution problem and not Best Buy.

Anything that's not a new release gets put at the bottom of the list to get delivered.