Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Release date: April 15, 2011
Purchase link: Future Shop.ca

m2188669.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, am guessing the covers will be the black background with the faces, or something similar. France had a competition where they asked people to vote for a possible multiple release of the film with different covers with that art, and the Amazon JP Steelbook Limited ed comes with frames and cards (art prints of some sort) with faces of the characters, so we may see that FS's art for each release mimics something like that.

I have the 1st releases of the German set, and I personally love the clean look of the present FS cover/possible future covers. Guess we'll see what FS has in store:scat:

anyone know how many copies might have been available at all the futureshops on this steelbook?

Most of the futureshops i've been to had at least a minimum of 15 copies, maybe even more

Future Shop has raised the price twice since it's release. From $29.99 to $31.99 to $36.99. Next thing you know they'll price it at $43.99 like The Town.

Last edited:
Future Shop has raised the price twice since it's release. From $29.99 to $31.99 to $36.99. Next thing you know they'll price it at $43.99 like The Town.

As a collector, I think this possible trend raises some interesting questions. It wasn't too long ago, that Future Shop would lower the price of steelbooks eventually to clear them out of store shelves, at least from what I've seen.

By raising the price in store, it will allow a serious steelbook collector to obtain one at a later point, but I suppose it also deters folks that would buy a bunch and resell on e-bay.

In terms of long term collectability, I'm interested to see what it does to the traditional "Canada exclusive" titles - if they can still be obtained in store.

It doesn't help that they don't ship overseas unless you use a contact. So if early demand is there then they have clicked that they can drive the price up. It will be interesting to see what their pricing strategy is with HP 1-6 when they are released later.
As an aside did the Canadians call HP 1 Philosopher's Stone or Sorcerer's Stone?? This is the Brit hoping for the corrrect title !!

Last edited:
Hi All, just a quick note to anyone who contacted me regarding the 1st group buy for this-I have them in hand and they are getting mailed out before Monday. A few slots to get this and the other HP's are still available, but in case you were not subscribed to the group buy thread, a quick update.

Is anybody from Canada can go to a Future Shop for me and buy all the Harry Potter available ? :p

:) hmm maybe ,i have 2 7.1 if you still need one, bought at the lower price so can sell 1 for around 30 plus shipping if you or anyone still needs one, is at $34.99 now at the store