HDN Event HDN Horror Celebration'11 for Halloween at Hidefninja! (Closed, see you next year!)

Do you watch more horror flicks around Halloween?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No-I watch Horror films all year!

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Just depends on my mood

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No, not a horror fan at all

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes!

• Yes!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
ninjahalloween2.jpg

Hey guys!

I am starting a new thread for this year-feel free to chime in with any horror/thriller/suspense flicks you are watching for Halloween (all of October). Can be any format, and from any time period.

Share your thoughts and let us know what's you're checking out!

And...feel free to share your personal top 10 list of favorite horror flicks of all time!

Have fun,
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
the UK sucks for Halloween holidays, it always has. Your kids are suppposed to go around dressed up getting candy ect, over here you get kids in hoodys knocking on your door asking for cash or well smash ya windows lol. Such angels.:D

the UK sucks for Halloween holidays, it always has. Your kids are suppposed to go around dressed up getting candy ect, over here you get kids in hoodys knocking on your door asking for cash or well smash ya windows lol. Such angels.:D

you get the frightfest all nighter on the 29th october in london.
but those tickets sell quick.

liking the avatar deuce:cool:

Reactions: o0 Deuce 0o
O.K. so John Carpenter is at it again. I just finished watching "The Ward" on Netflix. It's a total mind fu**. Really good, this should be right up your alley DB.

O.K. so John Carpenter is at it again. I just finished watching "The Ward" on Netflix. It's a total mind fu**. Really good, this should be right up your alley DB.

Sweet... that's next on the list for me and wifey.

We just watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer last night (the movie), after taking the kids to the town Halloween festival. :)

Was at 4000+ person 'Zombiewalk' yesterday-held by one of the towns near where I live...basically all of these people dress up like zombies and walk through the town in character. It's part of a 3 days 'Undead' festival, and they had cast members from upcoming zombie movies, and also some from 'The Walking Dead', etc.

I had to be somewhere at a certain time, so I didn't catch the actual walk, but we had fun seeing everyone that was in costume, at the beach, haha! My wife hates horror stuff, because she gets very scared, but we had so much fun, that I've talked her into being a gross zombie for when friends come over this weekend, to watch 'Halloween'. She's still rolling her eyes about that proposition, but we plan to have fun with it, LOL.

We also watched 'The Relic' on BD last night. We both saw it a long time ago, and she had read the book series. It was better than I remembered...effects a little dated, but I love the science and bio. Sounded good on 7.1 DTS too:)

Was at 4000+ person 'Zombiewalk' yesterday-held by one of the towns near where I live...basically all of these people dress up like zombies and walk through the town in character. It's part of a 3 days 'Undead' festival, and they had cast members from upcoming zombie movies, and also some from 'The Walking Dead', etc.

I had to be somewhere at a certain time, so I didn't catch the actual walk, but we had fun seeing everyone that was in costume, at the beach, haha! My wife hates horror stuff, because she gets very scared, but we had so much fun, that I've talked her into being a gross zombie for when friends come over this weekend, to watch 'Halloween'. She's still rolling her eyes about that proposition, but we plan to have fun with it, LOL.

We also watched 'The Relic' on BD last night. We both saw it a long time ago, and she had read the book series. It was better than I remembered...effects a little dated, but I love the science and bio. Sounded good on 7.1 DTS too:)

I walked in that

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Ricker, yeah right, probably all bloody right? LOL.....

DB, Actually NO!, There is very little blood, it's more of a ghost story sort of, This is right up your alley. If you can watch JC's The Thing, than you can definately handle this. A Ninja never lies. Right?

Ricker, awesome about the zombie walk. I was at Blockbuster today, because I wanted to exchange one of my mail rentals. I saw your post before I went, and then saw 'The Ward' BD at the store-I picked it up. Then I giggled, because I thought 'Ricker is pulling my leg about there being no blood,LOL'. But I got home and read a few reviews and some said what you said, so maybe I'll give it a try:)

Watched 'Devil' and 'The Last Exorcism' yesterday. I really liked 'M.Night's 'Signs' (alien theme, testing of faith, and the tongue in cheek examination of the 'invasion' themes). I also enjoyed the 'concept' of 'The Village' (not the actual movie, which at times was too 'hilarious' given the supposed subject matter). I recently rewatched 'The Sixth Sense' and enjoyed that, too. But though 'Devil' like all of his films have an underlying message or theme, I did not like this movie. I understand where he was going, but it just fell flat. I didn't hear anything good about it, but wanted to give it a shot, as I do like some of his work.

'The Last Exorcism' as some had remarked before was 'different'. I didn't love it, but I did kind of like it for its commentary on various related subjects. It was definitely different from other 'exorcism' themed flicks, I've seen. As a fan of the original 'Exorcist' I was drawn to it, and since people said it had a different flavor, I took a chance. Not bad for a rental. The lead actress did an excellent job I thought, and I definitely didn't see the end coming.

Next up, I hope to rewatch 'Children of the Corn' (original), and 'The Ward' (you hear me, Ricker?) ;)

Hey DB, i also didn't like Devil, it was a good idea but it just didn't work for me. I'm ashamed to say i still have never seen The Sixth Sense! I just watched Nightmare on Elm Street 2 and 3. Freddys Revenge was ok but i prefer Dream Warriors. I've always liked that one, even though the effects are dated. Its still one of the better Nightmare on Elm Street films.

Yeah i wish they would at least give it a new transfer. It looked a bit rough on Blu-ray. Some new special features would be nice too!

That's a shame..knowing the studio, though there will be 11 more editions to come...before the end of the year, LOL.

Anyone else watching any other spooky flicks before Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.