Heathers - 30th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: November 12 5 12, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon | Best Buy | FYE
Price: $19.99(Amazon) $19.99(Best Buy) $35.99(FYE)

81sCnaUM1uL._SL1500_ (1).jpg

81Ye3afjk+L._SY445_.jpg 812vRL1d5gL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: dfoles
Possibly getting you mixed up with someone else but I'm thinking it may have been you grumbling about the fold lines on the recent Marvel original posters steelbook collection ...

No that wasn't me. Actually what I meant was that the only art I would accept for a steelbook is this poster even if they had to include the fold lines. I would prefer that it didn't have the fold lines but if they had to be there so be it. :)

Reactions: virkia
I watched this about a month ago for the first time since I saw it in the theater in 1989. 30 years between first and second viewings.
It was actually a burned copy of the 2 disc DVD from whatever year that was. Oddly I found the quality of that perfectly fine for re-watching this. So I 'm glad that I don't feel the need to buy this awful looking steelbook to get the movie.

Like many, I probably first saw Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice (I saw Lucas later). She looked really good in Heathers and so I just hate that image on the steelbook. I finally re-watched Reality Bites a couple of weeks ago, again after only seeing it once in the theater back in the day. She looked great in that as well. Anyway...:LOL:

Amazon’s price now matches Best Buy’s

And FYE just listed this for $35.99...

Sad thing is, the artist is absolutely amazing and I love most all her work ... but this ranks at the bottom compared to all her horror stuff etc for me.

Sara Deck

examples

sara-deck-nosferatu.png
sdeck-dead-ringers-print-file_orig.jpg
klowns-arrow.jpg
Deck_Suspiria-Mme_Sm-S-914_1024x1024.jpg

The colouration of the steel and especially the back artwork is kind of unique. It has a nice dirty touch.

Shows the difference lighting conditions make ^ ...
... this pic turning the blue grey and the blues purple . . . still looking good tho.

This pic comes courtery u/Shimmer1996 on Reddit:-
1573347898161.png

Production notes:-
  • The Starmaker Entertainment "Collector's Edition" of "Heathers" carries the catalog ID# 99101 and features 14 minutes worth of supplementary material. Included in this package are Coming Attractions and a long preview that features interviews with Christian Slater and Winona Ryder. The film itself runs 105 minutes.
  • Lumivision Laserdisc version is a widescreen transfer, including theatrical trailer and interviews.
  • Directorial debut for Michael Lehmann.
  • Daniel Walters screenplay won the 1989 Edgar Allen Poe Award for Best Screenplay.
  • Filming began July 1988 in Studio City, California. Color by DeLuxe. Budget estimate $5 million.
  • Nine minutes were cut from versions released to theaters in the state of Utah.
  • First shown in Milan, Italy at MIFED October, 1988. Also shown at the 1989 United States, Houston International, Seattle International, and Deauville Film Festivals.
  • Released theatrically in New York City and Los Angeles March 31, 1989.
  • Released on video July 6, 1989.
  • Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
  • Introduced phrases that almost entered the common parlance, such as "How very," and "**** me gently with a chainsaw!"

Reactions: dfoles
This turned out really nice. Not a film I own nor have even seen, so may hunt it down at some point!

I can’t believe so many people are getting it early and posting pictures but there’s literally no one saying whether it’s a new transfer or the terrible old one. :(

I hate shipping from Best Buy’s website. Thankfully my store shows they have stock so I can exchange the damaged steel I got in the ****** cardboard mailer.

Swapped out my dented copy for a good one. Disc says “Program content: 2002. ... Blu-ray Disc Packaging: 2019”. So I’m assuming it’s not a new transfer.

02752881-4C07-448A-B7ED-A8D583C65B73.jpeg

2122FEA8-51D1-4D39-9C8B-FF5CE5E31E3D.jpeg

95FB8CC5-5D70-4340-8AD3-67773D18F4A0.jpeg

Reactions: TriSteel
It's not the new transfer that arrow did....
No it's not
Arrow 4K scan remaster Transfer is available only with the UK Arrow Video release

USA Steelbook Disc 1 is same as Image Entertainment previous anchor bay transfer 2008/2011
Blu-ray is a new encode but is using previous transfer from 2001

Disc 2 extras has most that was on Arrow release.

If you want new 4K Scan remaster of the film you need to purchase Arrow Video Blu-ray

Last edited:
Stopped at BB to pick up 3:10 to Yuma and was surprised to see 3 of these on the shelf.

Passed on it when it was released but grabbed one today.