Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Hellboy (2019)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Neil Marshall

Release: 2019-01-11

Plot: Hellboy comes to England, where he must defeat Nimue, Merlin's consort and the Blood Queen. But their battle will bring about the end of the world, a fate he desperately tries to turn away.

Okay, so I watched the new Hellboy last night and no, it's not the huge pile of s#!t that critics are saying it is. Yes, it's the worst if you compare it to the original two films, but on its own merits, it was still fun... even though the excessive vulgarity and gore seemed forced at times.

David Harbour was really good as Hellboy and a perfect successor to Ron Perlman (though I still would've much preferred a Hellboy 3 with Perlman). Neil Marshall proves again that he's FANTASTIC at the direction and creation of some truly creepy monsters. He used more CGI in here than practical, but the creatures that were practical were absolutely grotesque (takes me back to The Descent). The new supporting characters and villains are cool, too -- though with 90% of them being from London, there were occasional accent slip-ups that were noticeable.

Honestly, the film's story almost felt as if it could've been a video game. I could've had a controller in my hand and played it. All-in-all, it doesn't feel anything like GDT's -- more of a Blade/TMNT/Underworld mash-up with some crazy-cool fight scenes. I can see a lot of people not liking it when comparing it to GDT's originals, but if you don't do that -- if you can look at it on its own -- it's actually really fun.

hellboy_ver26.jpg

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Without wishing to be derogatory in any way (someone will always find reason to be offended anyway), he sort of looks like a stupid version of the real Hellboy. You know, like a ‘special’ distant cousin that’s been kept in a basement, beneath the hidden basement the real Hellboy resides in. Buried deeper again so the family can avoid undue embarrassment. Locked away. To protect him from the outside world and ridicule. Poor guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without wishing to be derogatory in any way (someone will always find reason to be offended anyway), he sort of looks like a stupid version of the real Hellboy. You know, like a ‘special’ distant cousin that’s been kept in a basement, beneath the hidden basement the real Hellboy resides in. Buried deeper again so the family can avoid undue embarrassment. Locked away. To protect him from the outside world and ridicule. Poor guy.

Sieppaa1.JPG

Well, you offended somebody ... :whistle::naughty::rofl: