Hellraiser (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: October 30, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live from Midday BST on Wednesday 6th September 2017.)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 in UK and Region Free

HELLRAISER_3D_SB_FRONT.jpg

11541143-1574512592868778.jpg 11541143-1394512592975479.jpg 11541143-1374512592939872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
happy days. :) pleased to get my hands on a copy of this in time for All Hallows, the first and for me undoubtedly best Hellraiser. i actually rather like the simple, stark image approach.
I have to admit that I haven't seen any of the Hellraiser films as yet so I'm really looking forward to watching this.
hope you enjoy, @lenticularis! one of those films that stayed with me long after i first saw it.

i hadn't realised at first that the image does cross from front to back. the finish is just about right for the image, and i'm loving the colours:
no scratches on my release (but where the j-card was, marks since removed, and a few bits of crap from my house in the photos!). it's not a perfect clear matt finish (or gloss, obvs.), but then that's to me clearly not what they were going for. dunno if this will have your variations in camera angle you wanted, @Vegano, but here are some alternate shots of the steel:
J-card for those interested:
i obviously wasn't paying attention, as i forgot about the poster, so it was a nice surprise. here's the complete package for anyone who wants a few more shots:
perfection? no, but i'm happy with this. looking forward to watching it again. the Cenobites were always just as interesting to me in the way they viewed their world as the horror bits were, perfectly encapsulated in the tagline: demon to some, angel to others. in we go! EEK!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Dead elegant.

Unboxing dug up . . . mute the commentary if desired . . . admittedly, and expectedly, finish appears rather different to the pre-release 'unboxing'
/

If you like the artwork the poster is limited to 325 and costs $55 . . . goes without saying the steelbook or soundtrack with the same artwork is a more economically viable option:-
DLjKXtcUMAAXWx7.jpg

DKqC17uX0AAm_GW.jpg

Last edited:
Anyway, kind of prefer the blue tones to the green ;) . . .
upload_2017-10-31_22-23-52.png

Hellraiser_steel_1.jpg

. . . as goes a bit better with these three boutique label similarly cult films recently released/upcoming:-
upload_2017-11-1_0-37-21.png
upload_2017-11-1_0-40-13.png
11566066-1474521391129179.jpg

As for the artist - he seems to have a bit of s thing for turquoise / teal in particular and green in general . . .
DKlpDK0XoAAPRVR.jpg:large
DKMmitgXUAMY6-O.jpg
DJzaagaU8AAfd9Y.jpg
CkmlSu5UUAE9l0t.jpg
DG4Bbh1XUAQzXDN.jpg
CEfxK_JVAAIpFKZ.jpg
Cs5E89cVYAAwNNm.jpg
CsgzVytUsAAe3Sr.jpg
CVKfuleVAAAt1Wt.jpg

CYXsgXWWsAQUvwL.jpg:large
f0b937f630330d73-TWINPEAKS_VARIANT_EDITION_SILVERMETALLICS.jpg

Opened both my copies I ordered from Zavvi. One has a MASSIVE scratch right down the middle of the front and the other is dented on the center of the front. Looks like it was done before it was sent out and not through the post. That's some good quality control there Zavvi.

IMG_2187.JPG IMG_2201.JPG

Last edited:
Opened both my copies I order from Zavvi. One has a MASSIVE scratch right down the middle of the front and the other is dented on the center of the front. Looks like it was done before it was sent out and not through the post. That's some good quality there Zavvi.

View attachment 342894 View attachment 342895
two damaged copies, damn, that sucks big time. the movie isnt sold out, so you can get a replacement.
I always buy 2 copies of important movies, because I'm afraid that the steelbook doesnt survive the delivery ...it seems I have to buy more

two damaged copies, damn, that sucks big time. the movie isnt sold out, so you can get a replacement.
I always buy 2 copies of important movies, because I'm afraid that the steelbook doesnt survive the delivery ...it seems I have to buy more

I'm the same. If it's something I really want then I always try to get a spare in case of damage. I just lucked out this time.

• Thanks
Reactions: tha_lunatic
I only purchase one copy
I only purchase 2 or more of a release if it has a different Full Slip or lenti like you get from Manta/Nova/Kimchi etc

Do you return the second copy if both arrive in perfect condition for a refund as you only need 1 :p

How does this keep happening more regularly lately? A title that was sold out for weeks is now still available for weeks after release.

I have no interest in this, but surely there couldn't have been that amount of cancellations....

How does this keep happening more regularly lately? A title that was sold out for weeks is now still available for weeks after release.

I have no interest in this, but surely there couldn't have been that amount of cancellations....
You be surprised as to the number of cancellations that happens with lot of releases it's easy to order any release you don't have to pay for upfront

Lot of customers do pre orders on impulse but then later decide closer to release date they don't want it or have to cancel due to available funds simply been not available and keep only orders that are already sold out and are must have release they don't want to cancel if possible

To give you an example I have cancelled a lot of pre orders this month and last month
A few of last month releases I then re ordered after release date but not all of them
You get lot of releases Sept-Dec and unless you are loaded with cash you can't keep all pre orders
Some of the orders I canceled are releases I want but have to wait until I can afford to purchase

If you had to pay upfront there would be less doing pre orders