Help For Loose Discs

BluRayJunkie

Steelbooks Anonymous
Premium Supporter
Mar 23, 2010
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
So you just got a copy of some real nice steel you've wanted forever and you want to keep mint but the disc has come loose inside.

Can you fix it?
Does it devalue the steel?
Do you or can you return it?

What do YOU do?:angry:

I have noticed that any I have gotten are scratch free. Maybe the better quality surface on blus.

I think you're out of luck if it's more than 2 discs set and/or jumbo case. One disc set, it's very doable.

Take one of the cheap steelbook that you hate the most, then open it up and practice on it.

I received two lovely steels today; FS Bug's Life and Monsters Inc, both sealed. Unfortunately the discs sound like they're all over the place inside Monsters Inc.

Has anyone else had this problem with that set? It shouldn't really bother me but I think I'm becoming slightly OCD in my old age :). Does this bother anyone else in general?

I've ended up opening it. The disc holder was loose but is now back in place and right as rain. I'll probably end up putting it up for trade and searching out another sealed copy. Thanks for your help though guys, I'm sure that will come in very handy in the future.

Just retrieved a package from the Post Office today containing my copy of Skyfall Taiwan. Immediately noticed the sound of something rattling inside, and hoped it was maybe just something in the box, but on opening it was indeed the dreaded loose disc.

I had one before when I received the polish Captain America last month, but for the life of me I couldn't get the disc re-seated. Though I knew it would be tough being a 2-disc edition.

Tried on Skyfall around 5-10 times and couldn't get it, so decided to attempt it on my spare open Italian version and see if I fared any better. Got it on the second try. So I went back to my Taiwanese edition and got it right away this time.

Thanks for this, it's a great feeling when you finally get it :LOL:

I don't think there is a steelbook yet, that I cant re-seat. Your first time is scary as **** as you think your going to dent it.

I don't think there is a steelbook yet, that I cant re-seat. Your first time is scary as **** as you think your going to dent it.

Agreed, that was probably what worried me most, as it's a sold out steel and I didn't want to damage it. So I more than likely wasn't applying enough pressure on the first few goes.

I feel confident now that I could fix any loose disc, with maybe the exception of multiple disc editions. While not impossible, that's a little more difficult for sure.

I HATE LOOSE DISCS! I just got Jackie Brown and it has one.

and if honest it does devalue it some imo. But im sure many folks arent honest and dont mention it as they can pawn it off when trading saying it happened during shipment.

I just open mine up tho, but if you're wanting it sealed and minty fresh then it sucks.

http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/2009/09/how-to-fix-a-loose-disc-in-a-steelbook/

Holy crap!!!!!! I cannot believe that is still up there ...... floater :hilarious:

Best part is I just fixed one the other night when I was going through my remaining collection .... the word of the steel stands the test of time

........ floater :hilarious:

Cheers
CrashKelly

Holy crap!!!!!! I cannot believe that is still up there ...... floater :hilarious:

Best part is I just fixed one the other night when I was going through my remaining collection .... the word of the steel stands the test of time

........ floater :hilarious:

Cheers
CrashKelly

crashkelly! Great to see and hear from you :)

I've only had this happen to me twice. Doesn't bother me too much since I open my steelbooks and can put it back in it's place. It also seems the discs don't scratch as easy so they look just like new.

I've fixed over 10 steels with annoying floaters. Once you get used to doing it, you can fix stuff in like 10 secs or less. Problem is it's very difficult for a 2 disc set, but I've done it a couple of tiems after several attempts.
I don't think I have ever tried on a 2 disc steel, I'm guessing that needs some serious patience! Lol!

Most of my steels are all still sealed and do prefer that way, got one today and had one a while back tried to push it back in but gave up. You do feel or going to damage steelbook and I do feel as if I have located in place,but after I push it down many times I here no clicks and it's still loose.
Is it possible the inside where holds disc in place is broken?
I'm tempted to just open it but I prefer to have it sealed. Grrr maybe I try another day lol.

Hey guys not sure where to post on here but any good tips etc in how to get a loose disc in a steelbook back on without opening it, I'm finding more of my steels arriving these days with a loose disc which I find very annoying. If i opened them would be no issues but I don't have tried with methods shown in past with no luck, is there a trick to doing this without doing damage to steel. Thanks