Help For Loose Discs

BluRayJunkie

Steelbooks Anonymous
Premium Supporter
Mar 23, 2010
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
So you just got a copy of some real nice steel you've wanted forever and you want to keep mint but the disc has come loose inside.

Can you fix it?
Does it devalue the steel?
Do you or can you return it?

What do YOU do?:angry:

I have noticed that any I have gotten are scratch free. Maybe the better quality surface on blus.

I never ever thought about fixing my floaters. But then today, I thought I'd have a go on a lesser valued steel which had a floater. After a bit of faffing, I fixed it! Hooray!! I then moved onto a more valued steelbook and fixed that too.

I'd suggest if people are concerned about damaging their steelbooks, then they should try it on an opened steelbook which they think holds little value. Think of it as good batting practise. Once you’ve mastered it, move onto a sealed copy with a floater.

Reactions: Actarus
The best bit is when you hear that annoying rattling inside , get fed up of it and decide to open it up yourself to fix and then discover that it was a loose cardboard advert/flyer and not the disc.

I dont like receiving them, but typically when I do, I just open it up and fix. thats me personally. This is normally new releases tho, not some uber rare sealed copy.

Some posts deleted.

Please keep your thoughts about potential loss of value for a steel with a loose disc to yourself.

Thank you.

Some posts deleted.

Please keep your thoughts about potential loss of value for a steel with a loose disc to yourself.

Thank you.

I did keep my thoughts to myself about potential loss of value, but my post was deleted anyway :rolleyes:

I have tried this trick before but could never get it to work.... until today.... I baught a Pan's Labyrinth from FS ($15 :eek:) but it had a floater. So I came here and followed the instructions word for word and it worked first try.. it was great when I heard the "click" sound, thanks HDN! :)

I have tried this trick before but could never get it to work.... until today.... I baught a Pan's Labyrinth from FS ($15 :eek:) but it had a floater. So I came here and followed the instructions word for word and it worked first try.. it was great when I heard the "click" sound, thanks HDN! :)

Best feeling in the world only problem is when it's more then one disc:(

Before I bought my Hanna steel, I picked up the "only" copy that was visible on the shelf, and i realized that the cd was loose. I was then contemplating if i should get it or not, but longer search around the store, I found another Hanna steel that was perfect. But still, i know how you are feeling.

When Snow White ATH came out I ordered 2 at best buy. Went to get them and both were damaged, so I went to the shelf and the only remaining one was a floater, but the case was perfect. So i went with that one, and opened it in the parking lot. Disc was perfect. I think if this was a dvd it would be scratched to hell.

Reactions: Researcher
Loose discs

I received two lovely steels today; FS Bug's Life and Monsters Inc, both sealed. Unfortunately the discs sound like they're all over the place inside Monsters Inc.

Has anyone else had this problem with that set? It shouldn't really bother me but I think I'm becoming slightly OCD in my old age :). Does this bother anyone else in general?