UK
Release date: August 15th, 2016
Purchase link: High Rise (live)
Price: £21.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies, Artwork by Chris Thornley

11301487-1434396387242324.jpg

11301487-1014396387263186.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gonna pay £21.99 when can get a FAC for 33 or so.
GBP 19.79 , actually . . . pricing on a par with new steels from HMV.

No Fac, no comment....
Methinks someone is in the wrong thread - no, wait a minute, at the time of writing the Zavvi is the only steelbook for this title worldwide (now confirmed at 2,000 pieces then I'd guess another 2,000 will be floating around in the not too distant future and maybe 500 of those will go to your seller of choice).
In the meantime this one with artwork by a well respected artist signed off by the director will "have to do" :rolleyes:

Ben Wheatley’s latest highly acclaimed film High-Rise is coming to UK steelbook with this jaw dropping Zavvi exclusive, and very limited 2000 copy release.

Pre-orders are now live.

ALSO – Vice Press will be releasing a very limited edition (only 150 copies) 18″ x 24″ print of this spectacular artwork on Monday June 20th. CLICK HERE for more info on that!

Reactions: themanfromunkle
Wasn't meaning this film but any in general.£22 a bit steep for a non 3d or non marvel steelbook in my opinion.
Do want to see this but not payin £22 for standard steel when can buy any by fac or kimchidvd for 35 or so.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
GBP 19.79 , actually . . . pricing on a par with new steels from HMV.

Methinks someone is in the wrong thread - no, wait a minute, at the time of writing the Zavvi is the only steelbook for this title worldwide (now confirmed at 2,000 pieces then I'd guess another 2,000 will be floating around in the not too distant future and maybe 500 of those will go to your seller of choice).
In the meantime this one with artwork by a well respected artist signed off by the director will "have to do" :rolleyes:

Ben Wheatley’s latest highly acclaimed film High-Rise is coming to UK steelbook with this jaw dropping Zavvi exclusive, and very limited 2000 copy release.

Pre-orders are now live.

ALSO – Vice Press will be releasing a very limited edition (only 150 copies) 18″ x 24″ print of this spectacular artwork on Monday June 20th. CLICK HERE for more info on that!

Sorry- a very British joke. My comment was meant to reference the 'no FT, no comment' spin from the financial times-meaning I doubt they'll be an FAC release (it's a British arthouse movie) and based on the directors previous outings (Kill List is the only steelbook release from Ben Wheatley- a zavvi release) I doubt this will transfer to overseas.

Best bet would be a plain archive release in the future..

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Agreed but
Be very surprised if this gets a steelbook treatment on par with this, outside of the UK-it's a very British film...
Agreed its just the price from uk retailers for new steelbooks seem expensive to me now after seeing what other companies around world do with full slip editions etc.We need a U.K based company to step up an do specials.We can all dream:rolleyes:

It's a mystery to me why anyone would want to cover this artwork with a slipcover . . . and whilst I could go for a Mondo style translucent slip with tiny bits of the artwork on it to enhance the experience even that would be pointless if it was just a plain see-through slip (the only purpose of which is to protect the steelbook).
Decent artwork on steelbooks should NOT be covered up . . . although I can see the point when the steelbook artwork is dismal and hardly anybody is buying it and in that case why not slap on a slipcover/slipcase with different artwork or a lenticular front, add a few Artcards and hey presto it suddenly becomes a desirable item and a U.K steel that may have been priced at under 15 quid has suddenly become an item prices at over 30 quid. Good business indeed . . . yes siree, Bob!

Anyone not digging the steelbook artwork or the just under 20 quid price but liking the film - or preferring the Amaray artwork - can of course always buy the plastic cased edition when it's under 10 quid before too long.

It's a mystery to me why anyone would want to cover this artwork with a slipcover . . . and whilst I could go for a Mondo style translucent slip with tiny bits of the artwork on it to enhance the experience even that would be pointless if it was just a plain see-through slip (the only purpose of which is to protect the steelbook).
Decent artwork on steelbooks should NOT be covered up . . . although I can see the point when the steelbook artwork is dismal and hardly anybody is buying it and in that case why not slap on a slipcover/slipcase with different artwork or a lenticular front, add a few Artcards and hey presto it suddenly becomes a desirable item and a U.K steel that may have been priced at under 15 quid has suddenly become an item prices at over 30 quid. Good business indeed . . . yes siree, Bob!

Anyone not digging the steelbook artwork or the just under 20 quid price but liking the film - or preferring the Amaray artwork - can of course always buy the plastic cased edition when it's under 10 quid before too long.

You do realise some people including myself display the Steelbook seperately to the slips you keep moaning about.

It's also not rocket science to take the steel out when you want to look at them

And £21.99 is too high for this (regardless of discount codes) just like Hmv should really only charge £17.99 for new releases (£19.99 for 3D) hense why a lot including myself wait for price drops on them bar the odd one nowadays

I'll no doubt cancel this and wait for a drop- 2000 on a neiche title, can't see it selling out. And this is also a title I loved
But also I can see this being the only release. "Maybe" somehere else but with different art

"should charge"?
Unfortunately, HMV, Zavvi and the rest can charge what they damn well please for their titles and we will buy them or we will not buy them and if we don't buy them they will hopefully re-consider their pre-order prices and reduce them to the levels you suggest (new films, new releases . . . only) although I've always felt that that single disc regular BDs of catalogue titles should all be priced at around a tenner at pre-order and then that price should go UP after release date.

I say this because: -
a) It would encourage more pre-orders and do away with the "let's order now in case it sells out and then cancel if it's not OOP before release date".

b) It would build loyalty to the retailer as I don't imagine anybody likes to pre-order a steel for, say, 15 quid only to see it in a flash sale a few weeks later priced @GBP 8.99.

c) It would be the best way to sell more of these catalogue titles and quicker instead of having them gather dust in the warehouses for months if not years.

d) It would do away with the need that some of us have to buy the same titles from the Continent because they are priced at sometimes half of the U.K. price on some steels.

Anyway, despite the far fewer steelbooks coming out this year when compared to the past two years and despite the demise of the Entertainment Store and the recent-ish re-appearance of HMV Online (and Xtra-vision) and the appearance of a new player on the steelbook scene, Zoom, I'm not getting the feeling that pre-order prices on most NEW films are going to change much and it seems that the majority seem to be stuck around the 20 quid level for 2D and up to 25 quid for the 3D (recent pre-order exceptions being THE MERMAID, JUSTICE LEAGUE, BONE TOMAHAWK and very few others).

Like yourself I hardly ever pre-order steels any more though I make exceptions for those few that my gut tells me may sell out / particularly like the artwork.

Anyway, back to this steelbook: not seeing a framing border - for obvious artwork reasons - but still keeping my fingers crossed for a de-bossed title on the front.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash
Price is too high when almost all zavvi releases drop to sub 15 if not sub 12 pricing. BB in the states mostly sell new release Steels for about £13-14 non 3d. So £20+ is ridiculous really imo

"should charge"?
Unfortunately, HMV, Zavvi and the rest can charge what they damn well please for their titles and we will buy them or we will not buy them and if we don't buy them they will hopefully re-consider their pre-order prices and reduce them to the levels you suggest (new films, new releases . . . only) although I've always felt that that single disc regular BDs of catalogue titles should all be priced at around a tenner at pre-order and then that price should go UP after release date - this would encourage more pre-orders and do away with the "let's order now in case it sells out and then cancel if it's not OOP before release date" as well as building loyalty to the retailer as I don't imagine anybody likes to pre-order a steel for 15 quid, say, only to see it in a flash sale a few weeks later, or sometimes in even a shorter time period, priced @GBP 8.99 AND more importantly these catalogue steels would sell more and quicker instead of gathering dust in the warehouses for months if not years.

Anyway, despite the far fewer steelbooks coming out this year when compared to the past two years and despite the demise of the Entertainment Store and the recent-ish re-appearance of HMV Online (and Xtra-vision) and the appearance of a new player on the steelbook scene, Zoom, I'm not getting the feeling that pre-order prices on most NEW films are going to change much and it seems that the majority seem to be stuck around the 20 quid level for 2D and up to 25 quid for the 3D (recent pre-order exceptions being THE MERMAID, JUSTICE LEAGUE, BONE TOMAHAWK and maybe very few others).

Like yourself I hardly ever pre-order steels any more though I make exceptions for those few that my gut tells me may sell out / particularly like the artwork.

Anyway, back to this steelbook: not seeing a framing border - for obvious artwork reasons - but still keeping my fingers crossed for a de-bossed title on the front.

Of course they can charge what they want, but we all have a price in our heads that we think they "should" charge.
What is wrong with you!

Your comment on charging what they damn well please is ridicolous like you work for them and have taken it to heart. Why would you even stick up for higher priced releases! Lol mental

Sadly, this is rip off Britain, everything cost's more on this island, regarding this steelbook it's nice but even at 2,000 unit's I doubt it will 'properly' sell out within 6 month's, as for the finish I'm thinking maybe deboss the entire falling man and the title and keeping the colour's as the mock up with an off-white/cream.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Of course they can charge what they want, but we all have a price in our heads that we think they "should" charge.
What is wrong with you!

Your comment on charging what they damn well please is ridicolous like you work for them and have taken it to heart. Why would you even stick up for higher priced releases! Lol mental
images
to have you on my tail with your knee-jerk comments and the rest . . .
Keep up the good work :rolleyes:

images
to have you on my tail with your knee-jerk comments and the rest . . .
Keep up the good work :rolleyes:

You should of read the original at 5am this morning! Unfortunately It was deleted

Members follow these threads and come on here to discuss the steelbook/movie. If you can't have a conversation without derailing the thread every other post (figure of speech), then you should either take it to PMs or simply add each other to your respective ignore lists. Let's move this along please. Thanks.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Sigill and Flloydo
Message received from Zavvi at 18:05 today.

"High Rise Steelbook [Limited Stock Remaining]"

Yes, I know :rolleyes:, and don't shoot the messenger (LOL).

It says limited stock but they haven't put a number on it. When it gets very low they usually put a figure on it.

It says limited stock but they haven't put a number on it. When it gets very low they usually put a figure on it.

Makes me laugh too, in the email they have put jungle book and zootropolis at the bottom, it's clear they are not limited stock because it don't mention it and we all know how zavvi emails work but they are trying to make it look that way without mentioning it

Been a while since I've seen a zavvi scare tactic

• Thanks
Message received from Zavvi at 18:05 today.

"High Rise Steelbook [Limited Stock Remaining]"

Yes, I know :rolleyes:, and don't shoot the messenger (LOL).

wont shoot you.

limited stock remaining from limited relese. lol. thans zavvi for us.

• Thanks