Hitman: Agent 47 - In theatres August 21, 2015

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Hitman: Agent 47 (2015)

Tagline: Your Number is Up.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Aleksander Bach[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Rupert Friend[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zachary Quinto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hannah Ware[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emilio Rivera[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rolf Kanies[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Thomas Kretschmann[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dan Bakkedahl[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ciarán Hinds[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mona Pirzad[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Prince William E. Morris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michaela Caspar[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jerry Hoffmann[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-08-21[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: An assassin teams up with a woman to help her find her father and uncover the mysteries of her ancestry.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
eOQLgJCLKmziXDT3HWtKMYyHFD0.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDb:
A re-imagine of Square Enix video-game Hitman-series about the bald assassin named 47, and a reboot to Xavier Gens 2007 'Hitman' which starred Timothy Olyphant as Agent 47.

Director: Aleksander Bach
Starring: Rupert Friend, Zachary Quinto, Hannah Ware

1423663653322.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How is that even possible?
7% so far, least F4 started at round 15%. The reviews are hilarious, this film makes the first look Oscar worthy seems to be about the jist of it.

Excellent news , since this film should never have been made. Only a direct sequel with Tim and Olga is acceptable.

7% so far, least F4 started at round 15%. The reviews are hilarious, this film makes the first look Oscar worthy seems to be about the jist of it.

Excellent news , since this film should never have been made. Only a direct sequel with Tim and Olga is acceptable.
I liked the first one.Don't understand why they needed to re boot it.Would have love to see an older olga in that world.

Reactions: psychoscot

That's a little harsh mate. The movie wasn't that bad. Could have helped a bigger budget and more characterisation on 47 but I thought it was alright. At least it followed the story of the games more closely than what Fantastic Four did. Even Stan Lee shook his head in shame quoting that they did not consult with him on the story.

That's a little harsh mate. The movie wasn't that bad. Could have helped a bigger budget and more characterisation on 47 but I thought it was alright. At least it followed the story of the games more closely than what Fantastic Four did. Even Stan Lee shook his head in shame quoting that they did not consult with him on the story.

Having now seen the film, my opinion is even harsher. It doesn't even deserve 1%. Quite simply worst film I've seen so far this year.

Perhaps. Then again Fantastic Four did badly and already has a steelbook up for pre order.

Granted, this movie was not epic by any standards but it was fun IMO.

This was definitely no Hitman. I thought it was okay as an action film and the fight scenes were pretty cool, but that's kind of what ruined it for me... Agent 47 is all about stealth and planning, not constantly winging it and hoping for the best, which mostly resulted in having a shootout/mini war in the middle of a busy street. Plus 47 wasn't even the main character here... all the focus was on the girl and her rather boring story. It certainly makes me appreciate Olyphant's Hitman a lot more, which I personally always really enjoyed anyway.

Not the best film by any means but still worth a watch .

As an action movie I thought it was pretty good but do agree with @Noodles on the point of hitman was more about stealth that just jumping in , I also think even tho he wasn't the best match I thought Rupert played the part pretty well .

Anyway I quite enjoyed the film :naughty:

Reactions: Drum18
I’m not sure why the movie studios thought people wanted more Hitman movies considering the first Hitman wasn’t exactly a gold mine. While I love Rupert Friend from Homeland, he does not have the star power of even Timothy Olyphant to carry a movie. And this movie is pretty bad. Yes, there’s action and it’s bloody and worthy of the R rating, but it’s not action filmed well. They attempted some mild gun kata/ John Wick like action, but the presentation was subpar and the characters and story did nothing to build towards it. They tried a new angle at having a main bad guy that was decent in concept and bad in execution. The new female lead also did nothing for me and was annoying more than anything else.

At the core, Hitman is supposed to ben stealth assassination like movie (just like the video game) and this movie doesn’t even try making any action scene stealth or creative. They really should made this movie closer to Leon the Professional if they wanted stealth plus a female lead; instead you get a less creative Ultraviolet-like B movie. I love action movies, so while this is not a good movie, purely from an action standpoint, it’s passable. So this is recommended only for those who enjoy stupid action movies and nothing else.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: psychoscot