HMV - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Hong Kong]

Lester

Premium Supporter
Sep 6, 2011
London, UK
Hi, does anyone know what shipping option I need to send to the UK? I'm assuming 'registered mail' I would have to pay custom charges in the UK and the dreaded Royal Mail handling fee. So, is the 'premium' shipping option include the custom charges or is this just a quicker service with still the custom charges to come? I'm not to bothered how quickly this gets here, but just the cheapest option without getting strung up. I don't mind paying the custom charges upfront (if cheapest option), but I do object to paying them here and a ridiculous handling fee on top. Thanks in advance.

Customs and or handling fees are purely down to the buyer, unfortunately. Couriers tend to be worse as they openly snitch to customs then demand their fees.

Thanks. If you were ordering from HMV HK, would you know what the difference is between the two shipping options? 'Registered mail' and 'premium'? Having never ordered from them before and I can't find on their website what the difference is, I was just wondering. I don't want to go for the cheaper option if it will come by boat and take 10 weeks to get here.

how's the packaging from HMV HK?

wondering if a order from HMV HK would survive a trip over to Canada haha

Hey - I am in Canada and I have ordered from HMV HK. Shipping was good. Steelbook was well bubbled. I forget now if it came in a box or a heavy bubble mailer, but it was pristine; no issues.

Definitely have no concerns ordering from them.

I purchased my first Steelbook with HMV.HK to the UK and arrived in 4 days with standard delivery, well packed with the Steel being bubble wrapped and 2 strong layers of cardboard covering the Steel and then placed in bubble mailer so arrived mint. Bonus also that the customs slip was marked as Gift so no customs bill either, highly recommended.:thumbs:

Reactions: lgans316
Out of 3 or 4 orders, I've never had an issue with HMV Hong Kong, steelbooks were always wrapped well and were in perfect shape. Perfect record until my order of 'The Wolverine' arrived Saturday.

The steel was wrapped well as usual and showed no signs of abuse during shipping. But after removing the bubblewrap, I was greeted with...

sjfb.jpg

No way did that happen during the shipping the way this was packed! I went through HMV's Contact Us to report the issue Saturday and received no reply, sent the same message Monday morning, (Monday evening HK time), and again Tuesday morning and they still have not replied!

I'm afraid that I'll have to get my charge card involved to dispute the charge.

Last edited:
FINALLY, received a reply from HMV Hong Kong overnight. Now I just need to get HMV to tell me what address that I need to send this to and if they will reimburse the $24 that USPS charges for airmail to Hong Kong!

"Dear Customer,

Please return the disc (together with the invoice) back to us by standard
airmail and upon receipt we will offer you full refund. We are sorry that
exchange is not possible for this item for we fear that none of our stock on
hand would meet your high standard. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Customer Service
HMV Hong Kong"

Eight weeks after sending the damaged steelbook back to HMV, I have not received any refund as promised. I have submitted four messages, (one per week), requesting an update from HMV, and received no reply to my messages.

I finally had to contact American Express over the issue, which means I will not receive the $24 that it cost to airmail the steelbook back to HMV.

This was not my first purchase from HMV Hong Kong, but the previous purchases were delivered with no damage. I'm not indicating that you shouldn't order from HMV Hong Kong, but think three times about having to deal with virtually non-existent customer service.

$24 for shipping one Steelbook by Airmail? Does that include tracking? Seems way too high. Some retailers won't refund if you ship via non-Airmail service. I hope you got proof of posting receipt and took photos of the package with the address label stuck on it as evidence.

FINALLY, received a reply from HMV Hong Kong overnight. Now I just need to get HMV to tell me what address that I need to send this to and if they will reimburse the $24 that USPS charges for airmail to Hong Kong!

"Dear Customer,

Please return the disc (together with the invoice) back to us by standard
airmail and upon receipt we will offer you full refund. We are sorry that
exchange is not possible for this item for we fear that none of our stock on
hand would meet your high standard.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Customer Service
HMV Hong Kong"

"Your high standard" with a scratch and dent like that, are they taking the P*SS?

Ron

Reactions: Aw 83 and jonnie123
Anybody from germany got their CA2 HK copy???
I am still waiting for it...
will do HMV refund if it is lost??