How many of you all plan to buy another player this year?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
If so ... what are you mostly looking for in your prospective BD player ... tech specs, functionality? Price point?

I think I might get another PS3 for my parents. My Mom really likes the hard drive aspect of the PS3...she likes how you can load pictures and CDs.:D

Will definitely be picking up at least one and maybe two. I'm looking at getting another PS3 (waiting for the price drop--if it ever comes) and am looking at getting a stand alone. Either the Samsung 3600 or maybe a panasonic. But, I do hear the new LG is pretty good and quick as well.

Cool, is it easy to modify?

Yeah, pretty easy. I actually bought the mod for $79 here: http://www.bluraychip.dk/ - I like the simplicity of the mod and how easy it is to switch regions.

My only problem was that my hands were a little too big, so sliding the ribbon cable into the mod took longer than expected. Overall, the installation probably took me 5 minutes.:D

If you have anymore questions feel free to post it or give me a PM.:)

Yeah, pretty easy. I actually bought the mod for $79 here: http://www.bluraychip.dk/ - I like the simplicity of the mod and how easy it is to switch regions.

My only problem was that my hands were a little too big, so sliding the ribbon cable into the mod took longer than expected. Overall, the installation probably took me 5 minutes.:D

If you have anymore questions feel free to post it or give me a PM.:)

Thx mate, will ask for your advice if needed when the time comes. cheers

I'm thinking I probably will. My Samsung BD-P1400 is freezing up or refusing to play more and more new discs..... samsung just inst very concerned with keeping the firmware up to date on that model anymore:(

I'd really like a nice Onkyo, but that one they have out now is just another crappy player in an Onkyo shell. If Onkyo releases a good player this year, I'll probably be all over it. I'm keeping an eye on the new Sony players as well. Def NOT getting another Samsung, they really dropped the ball on updates.

What is this Blu-ray you all speak of ... I've always been a fan of my red ray ... see.

darth_vader.jpg