how to make a day go faster?

i'm in the same boat as you but it's only 11 am here. nothing to do and most of the bosses are out on an office golf tournee. I'm just kickin back listenin to my iPod and surfin around.

i'm in the same boat as you but it's only 11 am here. nothing to do and most of the bosses are out on an office golf tournee. I'm just kickin back listenin to my iPod and surfin around.

i used to lsiten to my ipod alot also used to put films on there, so i would prop it up and lsiten to it and watch it at the same time :D

been up for 3 hours... this next test i think i'm good for, its tommorrows test, where I have no idea how to do any of it, and I have class till 4:30pm

Test is at 830am... so need to sleep by 12:00am gives me 7 hours to get down 2.5 chapters of engineering crap...

I'm going to do alot of problems, and write examples on my cheat sheat, otherwise i'm screwed...

so i'd do good on 2 tests, and bomb the 3rd... kinda good kinda bad, i hate having 3 tests in the same week, back to back to back...

been up for 3 hours... this next test i think i'm good for, its tommorrows test, where I have no idea how to do any of it, and I have class till 4:30pm

Test is at 830am... so need to sleep by 12:00am gives me 7 hours to get down 2.5 chapters of engineering crap...

I'm going to do alot of problems, and write examples on my cheat sheat, otherwise i'm screwed...

so i'd do good on 2 tests, and bomb the 3rd... kinda good kinda bad, i hate having 3 tests in the same week, back to back to back...

what's "engineering crap"? What discipline are you getting into? I'm in the civil/structural field.

what's "engineering crap"? What discipline are you getting into? I'm in the civil/structural field.

I'm in civil and told you this long ago..

The class I hate is Fluid Mechanics, which I have no use for, its just a required BS class...

Sorry I'm not building dams... I just want to build roads that make sense for drivers and make it less congested.. lol

you could work more?

I encounter a lot of slow days.. and since I can program I'll use the time to write up programs to automate a lot of my work which inadvertantly leaves me with more time on my hands.. it's a vicious cycle.

instructables.com - failblog.org - emailsfromcrazypeople.com - textsfromlastnight.com - these forums, and all the news sites is all I can thrive on some days...

other days my desk area is immaculately clean.

you guys could program some cool stuff for me, so trophy lists are easier, or help improve my forum postings skills, or the project gamers website.. lol

Or you guys could draw up some cool trophy cards we can implement... or something.. lol

I'm in civil and told you this long ago..

ya sorry bout that. I know you and splax were close to my field but didn't know which was which. So cali=civil and splax=struct.bridges, hahaha

Civil is sooooo broad sometimes I hate it. You way your in the civil field and you can be transportation, municipal, structural. it'as all a load of crap.

ya sorry bout that. I know you and splax were close to my field but didn't know which was which. So cali=civil and splax=struct.bridges, hahaha

Civil is sooooo broad sometimes I hate it. You way your in the civil field and you can be transportation, municipal, structural. it'as all a load of crap.

Yep its insanely stupid for how smart we are, you think we would break it up better. I have to take the general civil degree, because they don't have a transportation degree.. So I learn tons of stuff I'll never ever use.. i usually learn it for a test then forget it, its pretty sad..

if you need to stay up late to study and are worried about only getting a little bit of sleep, don't sleep in like a 3 hour chunk. take 20-40 min naps like 4 or 5 times throughout the night and you will remember a lot more of the engineering crap that you studied ;)

Yep its insanely stupid for how smart we are, you think we would break it up better. I have to take the general civil degree, because they don't have a transportation degree.. So I learn tons of stuff I'll never ever use.. i usually learn it for a test then forget it, its pretty sad..

oh you'll use it if your with a consulting firm i guarantee that.

if you need to stay up late to study and are worried about only getting a little bit of sleep, don't sleep in like a 3 hour chunk. take 20-40 min naps like 4 or 5 times throughout the night and you will remember a lot more of the engineering crap that you studied ;)

Sound advice... If you let yourself dip into restorative sleep (which takes about 3 hours) then when you yank yourself out of it your body will be in worse shape than it would have been if you had just napped in EDIT: 20 minute winks.

Anything more than 20 is generally bad.

Should note this doesn't work forever your body WILL eventually force you to sleep. Long and hard.

giggity.

Last edited: