HOW TO - Post A Thread

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
I've received several messages seeking help to post threads when there's a new release, so here's a how-to for anyone who needs it. It'll be kept simple and straight forward, for any minor details that may differ from a generic thread, feel free to ask.

We're using SteelBook as an example, replace where applicable.

Near the top of a given section, you will see a big blue button that's clearly marked POST THREAD:

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 00.53.25.png

Click on that and it'll bring up a new page where you can share the info.

1- The first window where you see the words Thread title, is where you will enter the title, following this format: MovieName (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Country]. If the edition includes 4K or 3D discs, then you can input MovieName (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Country] or MovieName (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Country], etc...

If it's an exclusive to a specific retailer, you can input MovieName (Blu-ray SteelBook) (RetailerName Exclusive) [Country].

2- The second larger window, is where you will input the release info, following this format:

Release date: January 1, 2019
Purchase link: RetailerName
Price: CurrencySymbol and Number
Note: If any notes are worth mentioning, this is where they need to go.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 00.53.53.png

3- If there is any photo (artwork) that needs to be included, click on Attach files.

If you wish to keep tabs and watch the thread you're about to create, check the small boxes as seen below. If you check Watch this thread without checking and receive email notifications, you will get notifications while online in the forum, but you won't receive email alerts.

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 01.00.34.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 01.01.03.png

I will leave this thread open for a while, in case there are any questions related to this topic.

In order to keep things clean and tidy, anything unrelated will be removed.

@Wreck @apsmith21

Also worth mentioning is if do add the artwork to keep it in the vicinity of around 500 pixels in height. This will keep it small enough to not have to scroll too much and also be able to define any sort of good detail. Any larger or extra photos should go inside a spoiler below the the first image.

Reactions: Drum18
Any chance if in certain areas of the forums (like this one) when you start a new thread if it could auto populate the text area with:

Release date:
Purchase link:
Price:

Then if it’s an announcement or something they can just delete that and type what they need?

@Apollon

So how do I shorten a link so that it just shows as BestBuy.ca instead of the entire link? I used to know but I can't remember.

Click on the insert link button,

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 03.53.00.png

you will then see the following window,

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 03.54.38.png

in the URL box, you can paste the link, and in the Text box, you can type the text, i.e. Best Buy.ca

Reactions: Stygian
I know, on a few occasions, I was going to be first to post a new SteelBook thread, but I haven't bothered, A) because I didn't want to F it up :spoil:, and B) I knew someone else would have a thread up soon enough. Maybe with these instructions, I'll roll the dice and do it myself next time, but I doubt it. :emb:

• Thanks
  • Haha
Reactions: dfoles and Stygian
I know, on a few occasions, I was going to be first to post a new SteelBook thread, but I haven't bothered, A) because I didn't want to F it up :spoil:, and B) I knew someone else would have a thread up soon enough. Maybe with these instructions, I'll roll the dice and do it myself next time, but I doubt it. :emb:
No real harm if you do anything "wrong". We're obviously always able to correct them if need be. :)

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Thwip and dfoles
Not exactly the right place to ask but not sure where else to ask

Is there a sub section / forum for individual to share their steelbook collection picture?