Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: How to Train Your Dragon LIVE
Price:
£14.99

dragon.jpg

back.jpg

inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe some members here appreciate a cheaper alternative, especially if they buy a number of steelbooks all the time.

So it depends, I think it's what appeals to you most as a collector - extra stuff and a nice package or a (relatively) cheaper price.
I prefer zavvi because everyone needs to budget no matter how rich they are. Bill gates can buy whatever he wants but he doesnt because he wants to keep his money.

This is fantastic news because this will be the first Dreamsworks Steelbook in the UK. Hopefully it will pave the way for stuff like Shrek to be released :)

I believe some members here appreciate a cheaper alternative, especially if they buy a number of steelbooks all the time.

So it depends, I think it's what appeals to you most as a collector - extra stuff and a nice package or a (relatively) cheaper price.

Definitely. Assuming the pricing is similar to their first exclusive, the HDzeta version will cost almost £50 to import to the UK. That's way too expensive for me to stomach.

I prefer zavvi because everyone needs to budget no matter how rich they are. Bill gates can buy whatever he wants but he doesnt because he wants to keep his money.

I think at this point he's probably giving a lot of it away. Hey Bill! Andy needs more steelbooks - throw some cash my way! :hilarious: :D

Some people would say the timing is quite cynical in light of the excitement drummed up by the HDZeta release. It's probably a given that this steelbook, as a package, will not have all the bells and whistles, a nice slip etc that the Asian release will - but that's not to say it can't be good in its own way.

Just hope that its down at the £14.99 end of the price spectrum as this is a catalogue release regardless - as I don't want to see the prices spiral up and up (as with Under the Skin) when there is no real justification. So fingers crossed this is reasonable.

If that's the case then I'm in - and maybe, as someone mentioned, this could lead to some other solid non-Disney animated fare making an appearance. That'd be nice.

Reactions: Punker76
Some people would say the timing is quite cynical in light of the excitement drummed up by the HDZeta release.

It's not surprising - retailers approach HDN all the time for our thoughts on limited editions, steelbooks, and other movie versions.

That's why you will see polls posted, feedback threads started and many other items (and many things you don't see, like direct e-mails) - I think it's a positive thing - it shows that members here have marketing power - where they know it or not.

:)

Well at least this gives people an option and an opportunity to decide before they commit to the GB.
I remember when Zavvi anmounced Wreck It Ralph, but only after the Blu Fans GB had run.

That's why I posted it immediately, because I knew we'd be seeing a group buy happening soon.

We're saying the same thing, I think. :)