Howard the Duck (Mystery Marvel ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 13, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Zbox + Steelbook) - Zavvi (Steelbook) (Pre Order will be live at 12pm Midday Sunday 25th August UK time)
Price: £29.99 £24.99 (Zbox with Steelbook) - £12.99 (Steelbook)
Notes: Exclusive never released in the UK before Blu-ray SteelBook

ezgif-3-2c35bc7f115f.jpg ezgif-3-b0a3e07b6342.jpg

ezgif-3-1bff66128554.jpg ezgif-3-52fcae9d58dc.jpg

Last edited:
"Never released in UK"
That means a steelbook that already exists.
What a scam.
Well that's what has me thinking it's one of the new 4ks as Antman, guardians and doctor strange haven't been announced on 4k here in the UK yet but have in the USA and Canada

Well that's what has me thinking it's one of the new 4ks as Antman, guardians and doctor strange haven't been announced on 4k here in the UK yet but have in the USA and Canada
exactly what I was thinking – probably one of the same steelbooks being released by Best Buy right now

Which is wrong on every level considering they have just released all caps, iron mans and Thor’s (awaiting release) as single sales in the U.K.

I wouldn’t be surprised, but I’ll be fuming if they decide to release one of those 3 as a zbox bundle

But I’ll wait like I did with the iron man and cap lentis. Or the eventual restocks after release

Reactions: C.C. 95
Bet its howard the duck steelbook

Probably a good shout.

The wording is very vague. 'Never before released in the UK steelbook' could mean it's had a steelbook release somewhere and this will be identical. Has had a steelbook somewhere but this will look different. Has never had a steelbook anywhere. Never had a Blu-ray release in the UK at all?

Maybe it'll be the 1990 Captain America. How about a 70's Captain America double-feature? Punisher: War Zone, Man-Thing and Rise of the Silver Surfer could be serious options.

My preferred choice would be the complete Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man series. Ahh, one day.

I doubt they'd be stupid enough to make people pay for a mystery item that's total crap. It wouldn't do them any favours and make any future ones hard to shift.

This is all part of their 10th anniversary celebration so I believe that the steelbook will be something that people will actually want and not some scam with a throwaway steelbook. But that still doesn't mean that people will want to buy it blind.

The Howard the duck comment was clearly a joke peeps.

It is MCU (Howard film isn’t) but the vagueness could mean an old release from another country or one of the current 4k releases that have been announced in US and Canada

All I know, is it if is Antman, guardians or strange there are going to be a lot of p!ssed of people and if it is one of those 3 then they should not be releasing it like this. For the collectors that are collecting them (myself included) and now waiting on those 3 it will be a kick in the teeth and completely backward to randomly release one of them In this fashion as a mystery, paying more for rubbish we don’t need and to have a incomplete set.

If they are doing that, then the best way would be to have a couple of hundred with the boxes and then release it on it’s own closer the time, exactly how they did with iron man and cap lentis. They got so much backlash for that sales tactic that they had to release them on their own. So I say kick up a fuss. They don’t need to release them with a zbox, they sell out on their own anyway

Reactions: Mike Haley
The Howard the duck comment was clearly a joke peeps.

It is MCU (Howard film isn’t) but the vagueness could mean an old release from another country or one of the current 4k releases that have been announced in US and Canada

All I know, is it if is Antman, guardians or strange there are going to be a lot of p!ssed of people and if it is one of those 3 then they should not be releasing it like this. For the collectors that are collecting them (myself included) and now waiting on those 3 it will be a kick in the teeth and completely backward to randomly release one of them In this fashion as a mystery, paying more for rubbish we don’t need and to have a incomplete set.

If they are doing that, then the best way would be to have a couple of hundred with the boxes and then release it on it’s own closer the time, exactly how they did with iron man and cap lentis. They got so much backlash for that sales tactic that they had to release them on their own. So I say kick up a fuss. They don’t need to release them with a zbox, they sell out on their own anyway

Wouldn't it be released on its own later? Are they really going to sell 2000 zboxes?
I don't know. I don't know how popular zboxes are.

Reactions: Flloydo
Might just be a case they have 2000 on order now and there will be more added later?

Wouldn't it be released on its own later? Are they really going to sell 2000 zboxes?
I don't know. I don't know how popular zboxes are.

Most likely not. But we know how some people/ collectors can be. They see mystery marvel steelbook and panic buy

I have no idea on the numbers they sold with iron man and cap but it was a lot (At that time)

Also zbox was new then, they have proved over the 3 years that they can be for the majority of the time pretty crappy.

I would be surprised, with many older members that know how crap a zbox is, that not many people go for it which gives me the faith that whatever this is, will go live on it’s own at a later date.

Also we should see the other 3 4k releases pop up soon anyway. Zavvi have staggered theirs compared to the Best Buy versions, making one go live for pre order every 2 weeks. Iron man is nearly done (1 left to release) leaving just the Thor’s on pre order leading up to November 11th (ragnarok) so that means those other 3 should start to go up for pre order in the next 2/3 weeks. Most likely starting with the actual order of films, so guardians first, then ant man and finally strange (I would assume anyway, as the trilogy’s went in order). If one of them don’t go up for pre order then at least we will know what this is

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I have a feeling that they will wait to release the rest of the 4ks till next year that way they can do guardians 1 and 2 over a month, then maybe antman 1 and 2 month after then finish with doctor strange and possibly black panther. Then they will likely rerelease infinity war, endgame and cap marvel in 2021 at least that's what makes sense to me based on the previous releases and that

I have a feeling that they will wait to release the rest of the 4ks till next year that way they can do guardians 1 and 2 over a month, then maybe antman 1 and 2 month after then finish with doctor strange and possibly black panther. Then they will likely rerelease infinity war, endgame and cap marvel in 2021 at least that's what makes sense to me based on the previous releases and that

Endgame and cap (lenti re releases) will be 2020 not 2021. Most likely around July/ August. They were only a month apart at the cinema and the lenti re releases usually take 10ish + months.

The current infinity war lenti that went on pre order yesterday is nearly a year after it’s initial release

If the last Thor (4k new wave) is mid November, and if they do release the guardians, antman and strange then they will continue in November through to December this year

I think guardians 2 and ant man and the wasp 4k re re releases will probably be around March/ April as they have not long releasesd them. Well guardians 2 could be around jan actually (if they do that)

We have ragnarok but that’s not been announced in the US or Canada. We got the ragnarok and guardians 2 lenti re releases around the same time of each other. So yeah my calculations is that guardians 2 in this new wave will be January - ish unless they also announce that for before this year end

Remember with Christmas now only round the corner, they will try and churn as many out as possible (antman, guardians and strange)

Well by 2021 I mean rereleased again on 4k to match this line it's zavvi they like our money. I'm not even touching on the lenticular additions purely this 4k line

Reactions: Flloydo