Sainsbury's - £19.99

howls-1.jpg

howls-2.jpg

Attachments

• howl.jpg
    howl.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 355
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow at last some Studio Ghibli's in steel. I have to say i'm a little underwhelmed by the cover designs. These could have been so rich and vibrant done correctly. I will probably pre-order all of these but if a nicer version pops up (hopefully an Asian release) then I'll be cancelling.

From the few I've seen, the stories are often pleasantly complex (not sure if 'Grave of the Fireflies' is Ghibli, but I forgot I was watching an animation at all). I am still learning more about these, but I am very happy to see these in Steels-many fans out there-hopefully they do a nice job with them overall.

Most of these films are ridiculously great! This, spirited away and porco Rosso are my favourite but November is just too busy. Will have to wait until the new year to see if these are still avaliable.

From the few I've seen, the stories are often pleasantly complex (not sure if 'Grave of the Fireflies' is Ghibli, but I forgot I was watching an animation at all). I am still learning more about these, but I am very happy to see these in Steels-many fans out there-hopefully they do a nice job with them overall.

Grave of the Fireflies is Ghibli, though not a Miyazaki one as some of them are. If it helps, Totoro is almost like the exact opposite of Fireflies.... XD

So according to each of the listings, the Blu-ray discs are region B. Any thoughts on if that is really how they will be? Or do you think these will be open to other regions as well?

So according to each of the listings, the Blu-ray discs are region B. Any thoughts on if that is really how they will be? Or do you think these will be open to other regions as well?
Well their amaray counterparts are region B locked, so these will probably be the case for the steelbooks. :(

Really hope they do a good job on these or it won't do justice to the Ghibli films.