I Am Legend (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: August 2, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 6, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £24.99

FB_IMG_1622803354475.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really solid.

Obnoxious recommendation no one solicited: read the book. So good.

The movie could have been SO much better. Hollywood once again fu...ed up. And that cover is SO photoshopped.

Easy pass.

This is one of those movies that could have been great but wasn't. Also, the Steelbook looks crap; blurry and badly photoshopped. It's like when you're watching a 3D movie as a kid and you take the glasses off to see what it looks like and you almost have an aneurysm and have to quickly put them back on.
appreciate the film may fall down for you for other reasons, but if you have not, try and see the alternate ending, the one the studio stepped in and changed to the theatrical release. it's much better. it's on all the releases to date as an extra, i think. :thumbs:

actually, Warner Bros. seem to step in over their directors and change almost all their tentpole films (although not Nolan's, as he has final cut in his contract, rare these days). how many Warner films have had (to have) director's and other cuts later to rectify studio interference?

This is really solid.

Obnoxious recommendation no one solicited: read the book. So good.
couldn't agree more. the book is excellent, and also almost completely different from the film, which is very definitely an 'adaptation' of the source material. and it's not even that long. :)

Reactions: Shark
Great looking steel using an effective image along the lines of one of the original posters making for a must buy

1622896215869.png
1622896270766.png

Still haven't seen the first of the four films - LAST MAN ON EARTH from 1964 starring Vincent Price - based on the 1954 book 'I am Legend' by *Richard Matheson but as that's coming out later this year I may get the chance to do just that.

* A really talented guy responsible for writing at least two classics novels - which spawned two excellent movies DUEL and THE NCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN - plus sixteen episodes of the brilliant TWILIGHT ZONE series in the 1950s/1960s as well as several adaptations of Edgar Allan Poe stories for Roger Corman and American International Pictures - HOUSE OF USHER, THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM, TALES OF TERROR and THE RAVEN.

Cool it's from one of the original posters
i-am-legend-movie-poster.jpg

Not sure if to get it though, I've seen it once and can't remember if it was actually any good (n)

Reactions: djjez83