Jul 22, 2010
Paris - France
Release date: October 1st, 2013
Best Buy SKU: 2214048
Purchase link: Best Buy.com

pix from wnicholas76
iamlegendBB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I had no luck as well. 3 Best Buys and nothing. Ill just wait til next week

Same here buddy. There's another Best Buy next to a Target that I just came from (went to purchase Iron Man 3 and the Star Trek: Into Darkness Exclusive) and no damn luck! I'll wait until Oct. 1st :angry:

My bby didn't have it either. In fact they didn't have a single steelbook in stock at all. Its like they totally purged steelbook inventory.

The symbol is not centered kind of like the German Resident Evil Trilogy.

It's because "LEGEND" is centered with the edges of the cover and the light going down the middle is centered in between the G and the E. Since the "D" is larger than the "L", it forces the centered symbol to the left.

Basically, if it was "I AM DEGEND", everything, including the symbol, would be centered.

Last edited:
It's because "LEGEND" is centered with the edges of the cover and the light going down the middle is centered in between the G and the E. Since the "D" is larger than the "L", it forces the centered symbol to the left.

Basically, if it was "I AM DEGEND", everything, including the symbol, would be centered.

I guess they should have made the D smaller. :hilarious:

Reactions: jimmyv
There is no inside artwork. I went to Best Buy and purchased a copy. I will post pictures when I get on my computer later...

I figured that there wouldnt be since all Warner movies so far haven't had inside art, easy money saver for me then

I have the G1 already and great another wave, I might just start skipping the waves never even got all of the last huge deluge.

It's possible some stores put them out early,and the release date is supposed to be Oct, as the Canadian counterpart...and they'll show up in more BB stores later? Not sure...

I will be curious to see if the Canadian wave has inside art. If they do, US should stop producing the inferior product. IMO

That won't happen. US is a bunch of cheapos. These US releases are like eco blu ray cases haha.

I have no idea where they are getting pressed. But if they are getting pressed at the same factory as the Canadian releases then there isn't reason they shouldn't have inner art.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricker
Hmmmm. I wonder if you would be honest and say you didn't know if that was true :)

Oh I think there's been a few occasions where I'm surprised ... but mostly that was a while back ... I didnt know of the Sucker Punch Comic Con till everyone else knew.

These days I typically know of most all titles on the horizon. I already know of some titles releasing in 2014 ;)

Cant speak on them, but just know the future is bright!

Last edited:
Just know the future is bright!

No Dark City steelbook then... :( (maybe I'm trying to read too much into what Wreck is saying :D).

I'm not really fond of the Warner white (hey, that sounds almost like Walter White!) steelbook wave, so even if this one doesn't have inside art, I like the front a lot, and most importantly, I like this film.

This October I'll try to find a Best Buy and get this — and if I happen to find Nightmare on Elm Street and The Ring as well, then I'll be a very happy guy.

Based on the December 2008 re-release of the film, here are the audio/subtitles of this region free Blu-ray :

Audio :

English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 (48kHz, 16-bit)
English: Dolby Digital 5.1 (640 kbps)
French: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)
German: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)
Italian: Dolby Digital 5.1 (448 kbps)

Subtitles : English SDH, French, German, Italian, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish.

This looks like just another poor Steelbook release in the US. A totally unnecessary release as there are already multiple releases available that have better artwork than this. There have only been two Steelbooks released in the US so far this year that are worth picking up, Les Miserables and Zero Dark Thirty. Everything else has been average or downright awful. Wreck promises that things are going to look a little brighter for US collectors in the near future, but it's not looking good at the moment. I see the same old inferior Steelbooks and an increasing number of metalpaks, the only things worse than poor Steelbook releases.