I finally found it! My “holy grail”!

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
The fine folks at /r/steelbooks have a good idea that I think could work well here.

Share a picture or pictures of your most recent “grail” discovery.

A “GRAIL” is an edition that might have taken you a while to find, has a good story about how you found it, or is important to you in some way. Grail does NOT indicate value. A $5 find at a thrift store could be a grail to you!

1) where you found it (RETAILER, MARKETPLACE, THRIFT STORE, etc)
2) who produced the edition (if it's a premium or retailer exclusive, please note to help other members! Filmarena, Reel Synergy, BluFans, Zavvi Exclusive, etc)
3) your own picture
4) share your story, if you can!
5) (optional) if you traded for it, what was the trade or how much you might have purchased it for.

INITIAL THREAD GIVEAWAY DETAILS
To kick off this thread and to keep it going, there will be at least one giveaway, maybe more if there’s enough participation!

The more grails you post in single / individual posts, the better chances become!

Prize list:

1 winners of 4k Blu-ray COMPLETE Indiana Jones set
2 winners of 4k Blu-ray Godfather Trilogy set

Last edited:
Anyone who missed the excellent UCE of JFK on BD (lots of acronyms) 10 years ago, and doesn't want to pay $150-300 for it, might not know that Warner released same printed materials 15 years ago in a DVD edition, that is probably cheaper to get now.

JFKUCER1V1.jpg

JFKUCER1V4.jpg

A 'One-Click' type of box before there were such editions. :D

JFKUCER1V14.jpg

JFKUCER1V22.jpg
JFKUCER1V18.jpg

All the same dozens of photos, document replicas, character photos, and a 44-page booklet, as in that '50th' UCE.

JFKUCER1V23.jpg

This is a great thread.

My grails are ever-changing I would say, but if anyone ever finds me or wants to sell me Takashi Miike's Imprint on bluray (B German region), I'd appreciate it. Huge fan of horror and this one was even banned on television. It's a short, part of Horror Masters series.

What appeals to me is the rarity I think. And sure the fact that it's such a well made horror piece. Miike knows the job.

Attachments

• Imprint_Masters_of_Horror_Series_TV-476843259-large.jpg
    Imprint_Masters_of_Horror_Series_TV-476843259-large.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 49
Another great studio boxset, from the time before 'premium' releases, but probably more known, US release, that many people got: Dirty Harry UCE. Poster cards, document replicas, hardcover booklet, a freaking full-size badge, etc.

These are old photos, so been edited for a forum with 600×800 pixel restriction.

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV5.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV6.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV9.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV12.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV14.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV15.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV16.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV21.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV26.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV24.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV25.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV27.jpg

DirtyHarryUCEBDUSV28.jpg
Lord! That's amazing!!! One Harry's certificate is worth it!

My GRAIL ! Edition of the GODFATHER WITH A SCRIPT ! I bought it 10 years ago in Europe in some big store! it cost 100 euros and was lying around in the department with appliances ... it was almost the last money in my wallet, but it was worth it ... still the most valuable thing in my soul!
A few years later I repeated this trick in Paris with the purchase of fresh prince of bel Air with the last money
IMG_7184.jpeg

I didnt think i could sink more in this collecting hobby... but i just did... bought a empty box for arround $170 but not just any empty box... One i wanted really bad! So still i am very happy i got it and putting the editions in i already had. Kind of mix and match with doctor sleep. Wich the lenticulars match also

You're losing grip now
( a wispering voice said ) :shipped:

20230815_163459.jpg

20230815_163612.jpg
20230815_164040.jpg

20230815_164227.jpg
20230815_163836.jpg

I didnt think i could sink more in this collecting hobby... but i just did... bought a empty box for arround $170 but not just any empty box... One i wanted really bad! So still i am very happy i got it and putting the editions in i already had. Kind of mix and match with doctor sleep. Wich the lenticulars match also

You're losing grip now
( a wispering voice said ) :shipped:

That’s awesome!!! I called it FRANKENSTEIN ! I have a few)))

Reactions: GrimmReapah