I love blu-ray

Illiciter

Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2009
So nice.

Everytime someone asks me, "Is there really that big of a difference from DVD?" I always answer with a resounding, "HELL YES" In some cases it's like going from VHS to DVD in both video and audio.

I've rented DVDs in place of the blu-ray counterparts only to go back and rent the blu-ray and instantly be greeted with better sound.

For the meager amount of money I've spent on my audio kit ($800 for the surround speakers, $400 for the receiver) I really enjoy the giggle I get when I watch movies in my living room and have them as loud and dynamic as any theater could produce in their much larger rooms.

I just can't go back to DVD's unless it's not available on blu-ray, and while I'll try to enjoy the DVD, I'll keep thinking about how much better it could have been if it was on blu-ray.

Technology rules.

Tell me about it! :) if I don't go to a theater that doesn't have a DLP I refuse to pay :) lol BD has spoiled me, I only watch series not on BD and certain films not on BD yet on DVD.

I can't go back it's an expensive hobby, but oh well the things I must suffer with for being a geek lol :scat:

Last edited:
Tell me about it! :) if I don't go to a theater that has DLP I refuse to pay :) lol BD has spoiled me, I only watch series not on BD and certain films not on BD yet on DVD.

I can't go back it's an expensive hobby, but oh well the things I must suffer with for being a geek lol :scat:

Blu-ray is awesome...now I am just a pre-ordering machine when it comes to upcoming Blus.

Me too :D I wish I had more money to spend on buying them, but same as Horhay. I'm not currently ready to buy a house right now, but hopefully by the end of the year. So gotta watch the spending now. But yeah, I always tell people it's not just the video, but the audio that really kicks ass! Most people think it's just the video.