Kiev, Ukraine
I, Robot 3D(Blu-ray Steelbook)(Media Markt Exclusive)[Germany]
Release date: October 26th, 2012.

produktansicht_1_detailseite_top5.png

Price: 29 Euro.

mediamarkt

Actual pics thanks to scorpius:

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the lenticular front going to be their excuse to charge more money, and cut their production cost. It's got to be cheaper to slap on a lenticular front, than to produce a embossed/debossed steel.

I think Will is only on the lenticular card which will come off and only show the robots lined up on the steel.

29 Euro for that! Unless the price drops to under 15 Euro not interested. There's gotta be more to that artwork picture then meets the eye... maybe it is some funky lenticular work? Even then it just looks odd to me.

I reckon that the artwork will be good. I think they've tried to incorporate the slipcover into the mockup... and failed miserably.

Would it be possible that the 3D they're talking about on these titles is to do with a Lenticular cover/packaging and not the actual movie? I Robot was never released in 3D. This could also apply to their Avatar 3D Steelbook as I thought the 3D version of the film was exclusive to Panasonic? I know they are releasing Titanic with a similar 'magnetic 3D Lenticular' cover.

Would it be possible that the 3D they're talking about on these titles is to do with a Lenticular cover/packaging and not the actual movie? I Robot was never released in 3D. This could also apply to their Avatar 3D Steelbook as I thought the 3D version of the film was exclusive to Panasonic? I know they are releasing Titanic with a similar 'magnetic 3D Lenticular' cover.

No, the movies will be 3D also!!!
I Robot was now "made" in 3D and the Avatar exclusivity to Panasonic has ended!