I, Tonya (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.51) [Korea]

Which edition will you be ordering?

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: October 15, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B -1/4 Slip (Pre-order September 19 at 4P M Korea Time) Check your local time HERE
Price: $38.89 (Full Slip A or B) - $37.89 (1/4slip)
Note: Limited to 2050, full slip type A 950 pieces, full slip type B 850 pieces, 1/4 slip 250 pieces

IMG_20180918_220205.jpgIMG_20180918_220207.jpgIMG_20180918_220211.jpg
DnMNfVNU8AEubMc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how much credit goes to PA as they partnered with SM Life Design Group to put this release Together.
SM Life Design Group Created the Steelbook as well as the Fullslip and The Treatment done to them.

Similar situation when Kimchi partnered with The Blu Collection for Example(or when they used to partnered with WeET Collection).
How much Tony had a Say in the design I would be interested to know ???
Same with Kimchi just Partnered with ''The On Collection'' for Pan's Labyrinth KimchiDVD Exclusive. But all the behind the scene work was done by the On Collection.

The only thing Kimchi or PA seem to be doing for copies sold through their website are the exclusive artcards and stickers added to the release.
Rest of the Stock which is distributed by Korean Retailers do not have the exclusive cards and stickers, which is where the majority of the stock is sold through.
For Example ''Atomic Blonde'' copies sold through the Korean Market, Kimchi do not get any credit for the Release, Full Credit goes to The Blu Collection.

So I don't really know who deserves Full Credit, but Design Groups seem to be doing most of the work, if not all.

I ordered both as I couldn't quite decide which I preferred from the mock-ups alone, but after seeing the pics/vids, I think it's safe to say I'll be keeping Type B. :drool:

Reactions: ChrisPatt
I wish they would give more info about the treatment/finish of the slips.

In my mind, type A could have a texture on the wall... Type B could have a holofoil finish on her dress and title... But who knows. These things make a big difference to how the finished product will look. The asking price is a lot, and although it is worth it, it would also be ideal if i could have details on the finish so i can make a more informed buying decision.

In the past, I chose one slip over another, only to be disappointed when the other slip got a special treatment that wasn't mentioned beforehand...

What I said.

Treatment/finish makes all the difference, a difficult decision between the two slips with no information on treatment becomes an easy choice once you know slip B has (lets face it) superior finish. Sometimes I wonder if lack of information is deliberate. Especially as they are so forthcoming with all the other specs.

Can only be disappointed with gambling with A now.

Even if my original plan was to save money for "Logan Lucky" and "Paterson", I eventually caved and went for Full Slip B. Couldn't resist that spot UV coated, embossed and sparkling Tonya's costume.

Oh, come on: if I see similar treatment on book jacket of low-range, common literature sold in supermarkets I say : "Bleah! Cheesy!!". Yet if Plain makes that, then :drool::drool::drool: WHY IS THAT???

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Even if my original plan was to save money for "Logan Lucky" and "Paterson", I eventually caved and went for Full Slip B. Couldn't resist that spot UV coated, embossed and sparkling Tonya's costume.

Oh, come on: if I see similar treatment on book jacket of low-range, common literature sold in supermarkets I say : "Bleah! Cheesy!!". Yet if Plain makes that, then :drool::drool::drool: WHY IS THAT???

Maybe the artist is one reason? Here's another one of his pieces

xJS59X0.jpg