Ichi the Killer

Wow, pushed back? I was aware of it releasing soon ....

I'll try and see wassup as well.

You mark pretty hard for this flick Glenn, any good? Im a bit interested now.

Wow, pushed back? I was aware of it releasing soon ....

I'll try and see wassup as well.

You mark pretty hard for this flick Glenn, any good? Im a bit interested now.

actually I have never seen it but I have seen a couple of the director's films (Takashi Miike). He did a film called Audition which anyone who likes movies should see, IMO, haha. Anyway, I haven't seen a movie of his that disappointed me and I hear this is one of his best when it comes to extreme horror. It's apperently one of the best in the asian horror genre.

actually I have never seen it but I have seen a couple of the director's films (Takashi Miike). He did a film called Audition which anyone who likes movies should see, IMO, haha. Anyway, I haven't seen a movie of his that disappointed me and I hear this is one of his best when it comes to extreme horror. It's apperently one of the best in the asian horror genre.

i saw Audition on Sundance channel, on Sundays at midnight they have what is called Tartan Asia Extreme, some good stuff, i love watching this stuff, lol.

Extreme is the only way to get my jollies goin anymore these days.

Plus I love watching the wifey get freaked out... if it can get her to bury her head in my shoulder, I'm having fun.

The many levels I know a movie is gross is
Level 1 - she holds her nose as if something stinks. This is where it's mild, generally some quick blood spray.
Level 2 she puts her hand over her nose and mouth as if to avoid smelling or tasting it. This is generally caused by watching someone's head get cut off but it's a quick scene and not drawn out.
Level 3 starts to up the ante as she will take both hands and cover her eyes, nose, and mouth. Speak, smell, and taste no evil? This is generally caused by a brutal murder scene that can be dragged out a little bit so long as we don't reach;
Level 4. This is where she buries her head in my shoulder and I start laughing. This reaction is caused by over the top torture/death and dismemberment with icky sounds and lots and lots and lots of blood.

Bonus points are achieved if it's a well done realistic gore scene with loud bursts in the soundtrack to accent the brutality involved as this will cause her to try to cover her ears while she helplessly tries to escape somewhere into my shoulder proclaiming, "GROOOOSSSS!!!!"

Movies achieving level 4 with bonus points earn a permanent spot in my blu-ray collection.

I believe I'll be checking this movie out for shore!

man if you're that hard core you really need to watch more j-gore like "The Machine Girl" or "Tokyo Gore Police" hahaha. Just get into the asian extreme in general.

Just a reminder that ICHI will be out in a couple weeks. Aug. 11. GIT ER DONE!

man if you're that hard core you really need to watch more j-gore like "The Machine Girl" or "Tokyo Gore Police" hahaha. Just get into the asian extreme in general.

Just a reminder that ICHI will be out in a couple weeks. Aug. 11. GIT ER DONE!

Never thought to look into j-gore, however, im not big on reading a bunch of subtitles all the time (I'm obviously making an assumption here). I can do it if the movie is worth it, but if there's no story/plot and it's just people ripping people apart then well... I'll watch it but I won't enjoy it as much if it had a story/plot that was worth a damn.