In The Heart Of The Sea (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #6) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: March 29th , 2017
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 999 CZK
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

HSNkI8m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to come in here to see what all the fuss was about after I saw @Steelbookzombie tweet about this. Seems a shame to essentially waste a release slot on something that has only recently been released by the same company.

C'mon Black Barons, I dare you to do a release of Tim Burton's original Batman film. :naughty:

I'm glad everyone is waking up and realizing that FA and BB do not give one flying f-bomb about the steelbook hobby. I understand it is a business, but at least Manta, HDZeta, Nova, Kimchidvd, and Blufans listen to their customers and are always looking to innovate. FA just pumps out releases, could care less about movies, steelbooks, interesting design, or the customer. And worst of all, they have not figured out how to make a good depth lenti yet!!! Deadpool and Dredd were amateurish at best.

I had both Deadpool and Dredd Lenti edition from FA. Got them in the post, looked at them closely, laughed a bit, then listed them on the bay for BiN at cost + shipping. The lenticular character cards from the HDZeta BvS boxset are better than the "depth" lenticulars that FA have done.

@steelmybeatingheart I think some of FAs earlier releases are fantastic but the last one I saw a BS of and thought wow that looks great (as an overall package) was Looper. I've had a few since then but only because there aren't any other "premium" release steels for those films. (Sicario, Sabotage, Dredd and Love Rosie(I like the film and Lily Collins is hot :) ))

I dont understand the hate. There are following options:

A: you already have the FAC version and want this release as well ...so join the GB and be happy that you can add a new nice release to your collection
B: you already have the FAC version and dont want this release ...be happy you can finally save some cash!
C: you missed the FAC and you want this one ...join the GB and be happy that you still got a chance to get this steelbook.
D: you missed the FAC and you dont want this one ...why you are still visite this thread?

I had both Deadpool and Dredd Lenti edition from FA. Got them in the post, looked at them closely, laughed a bit, then listed them on the bay for BiN at cost + shipping. The lenticular character cards from the HDZeta BvS boxset are better than the "depth" lenticulars that FA have done.

@steelmybeatingheart I think some of FAs earlier releases are fantastic but the last one I saw a BS of and thought wow that looks great (as an overall package) was Looper. I've had a few since then but only because there aren't any other "premium" release steels for those films. (Sicario, Sabotage, Dredd and Love Rosie(I like the film and Lily Collins is hot :) ))

I Think Love, Rosie is very underrated as a release. Superb Fullslip !!! It has a nice transition Lenticular Magnet(E1), WEA Stelbook and cute Package. Really worth it for such a nice Romantic Comedy, really enjoyed this movie ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Jhadur and K.i.T
And worst of all, they have not figured out how to make a good depth lenti yet!!! Deadpool and Dredd were amateurish at best.
And their hardbox is amateurish and the construction is embarrassingly bad with visible folds and join lines.

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S
I have 2
Deadpool and Dredd.
Both are far from acceptable quality.
I don't understand the problem when HDZETA have been making fantastic boxes for years.

Honestly Blufans also even though very nice boxes, they are awkward to keep your one click in, it's like a shoe box :wow:

HDzeta Blew me Away with Mad Max: Fury Road Boxset :drool:

A: you already have the FAC version and want this release as well ...so join the GB and be happy that you can add a new nice release to your collection
B: you already have the FAC version and dont want this release ...be happy you can finally save some cash!
C: you missed the FAC and you want this one ...join the GB and be happy that you still got a chance to get this steelbook.
D: you missed the FAC and you dont want this one ...why you are still visite this thread?
There wouldn't be hate if BB / FAC had been honest about the projects aim to begin with. Clearly they want to bleed a loyal fan base dry.

yeah, Looper's package is excellent, i think. it's definitely worth getting if you don't have it already. :thumbs: and i still think the overall finishing and content of the FAC Birdman (which has a fun multiple segment magnet) and The Revenant (which has real clarity on the steelbok and fullslip) are good, too. :)

i like the fact that the booklet for this BB In The Heart Of The Sea has words. i always prefer those with essays or written commentary (e.g. Eureka! releases, etc) to the ones that are just photos. still not biting, though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S

It's an insult because they think they can just take their left over stock, slap a slip cover on it, sell it at a premium price, and expect it to sell out. Which is exactly what they did.

It's also a lost opportunity as there are thousands of movies that deserve the premium treatment but BB cannot escape outside the heaps of unsold steelbooks in the FA warehouse.

FA already floods the market with its (often subpar) releases. Now they are flooding it with two copies of the same movie!!