Inception (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #133) [Czech Republic]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: June 19, 2020
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: Hosted by carllenc
Note: Limited to 751 copies

5AC4F355-2573-40A9-909F-1E334B09B975.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I propose a new system for assigning VIP collectible numbers: anyone who wants a number has to submit a set of photos of any FAC edition they own. The better the photos, the lower the number. (Obviously @moon gets #001.) Blurry photos, dark photos, lenti videos taken three inches away from a bright window—no number at all.

I propose a new system for assigning VIP collectible numbers: anyone who wants a number has to submit a set of photos of any FAC edition they own. The better the photos, the lower the number. (Obviously @moon gets #001.) Blurry photos, dark photos, lenti videos taken three inches away from a bright window—no number at all.
Can you explain how one gets VIP in the first place? I legit didnt even know there was a VIP service for FA
I hope they dont allow customers to purchase two or more on numbered/limited collections. If people are reselling on ebay does that mean they likely have two copies or they are just playing the market and screwing it up for the rest of us? Either way bit ****** if you ask me

Can you explain how one gets VIP in the first place? I legit didnt even know there was a VIP service for FA
I hope they dont allow customers to purchase two or more on numbered/limited collections. If people are reselling on ebay does that mean they likely have two copies or they are just playing the market and screwing it up for the rest of us? Either way bit ****** if you ask me

The VIP Program was set in effect at the beginning of the Launch of their FAC line back early 2015. Collectors owning a collectible number(VIPs) were assigned by FA upon request. Needless to say that those who own a low collectible number mostly made the demand at the early stage of the FAC line back in early 2015. In time people continued to request a number to become a VIP, but as time went own all low numbers were already assigned to those collectors who made the request early on.

So when it is the pre-order window for a certain FAC title, that VIP collector can only buy the numbered copy he was assigned to. So that collector cannot purchase more than his one and only numbered copy. So if a release has only one edition, the VIP cannot purchase more than his one and only numbered copy.

Some FAC Titles at times have multiple editions which differ from one to another, but you can only purchase one edition of each if there are more than one edition(for example E1 + E2 both edition of the same movie will be different from each other).

There can be exception mostly with WEA titles(but not important to get into this right now)

Hope this clarify things.

:thumbs:

I had a number, about 416,, but skipped some average or unneeded releases, and it was taken away, several years ago,, after previously buying a truck load. Aware of the rules, basically,, but was done without any discussion or warning,, , rubbish behaviour

• Wow
Reactions: Granada and djjez83
It's a shame Filmarena won't ban the scalpers from buying more releases. That way at least serious collectors would be the ones to get one. Then again the counter argument is even at inflated prices at least it gives the opportunity for those without a collector number to obtain one.

That way at least serious collectors would be the ones to get one. Then again the counter argument is even at inflated prices at least it gives the opportunity for those without a collector number to obtain one.
Who gets to choose who serious collectors are? You? Me? I'd argue FA are already catering to what serious collectors means to them: those committed to buying all or nearly all of their releases.

FilmArena is a serious seller interested in serious buyers. Who cares who is a collector. The numbering system is only there to keep buyers long-term. Either you buy the editions regularly, even the bad ones, or you lose your number and can no longer buy the interesting titles. That's how I see it.

I’d be curious to know how many VIP members they have and how that compares to the number they produce.

Ultimately FA are a business, and I understand how for those it’s a lot about selling the releases they produce, not necessarily worrying themselves about who’s buying them and what they are doing with them.

I’m just gutted I wasn’t quick enough to get one through the GB, and the didn’t get an order from FA to get one directly.

Equally I’ve managed to get hold of releases that other haven’t, more recently IT 2.

C’est La Vie.

I’d be curious to know how many VIP members they have and how that compares to the number they produce.

Ultimately FA are a business, and I understand how for those it’s a lot about selling the releases they produce, not necessarily worrying themselves about who’s buying them and what they are doing with them.

I’m just gutted I wasn’t quick enough to get one through the GB, and the didn’t get an order from FA to get one directly.

Equally I’ve managed to get hold of releases that other haven’t, more recently IT 2.

C’est La Vie.
They have way more numbers than what they produce. Most releases are 750 or under and they have atleast 3 times as many numbers given out is my guess

Reactions: DMD4k
Who gets to choose who serious collectors are? You? Me? I'd argue FA are already catering to what serious collectors means to them: those committed to buying all or nearly all of their releases.

Based on the glut of old, WWA releases, I just presumed they were moving out of the serious collector market.
Manta stopped that years ago.
As there's more worry and less money around, I don't see these sushi-train releases being that sustainable.
Then again, it will, because even I'll buy some, if I'm able.
Definitely goes down the list of desirable entertainment though.
I can stick and envelope of hires cards inside a WWA release, add a lenti magnet,, etc,, grab a cool slip from @JoMaSanRa,
Bring on the WEA....

The point I'm making is people with a low collector number are buying all the titles just to turn a profit whereas genuine collectors miss out. Fac don't care as long as they sell which is fine. Just a shame scalpers get a look in at all.

The point I'm making is people with a low collector number are buying all the titles just to turn a profit whereas genuine collectors miss out. Fac don't care as long as they sell which is fine. Just a shame scalpers get a look in at all.
I know it was. My point is those with a low collector number are also collectors, in the same way as you are, or in another different way to how you understand collecting. Even those turning around and selling them are also helping other non-VIPs by making them available to the general public that want to pick and choose what to buy.

Very small amount of FAC releases end up on ebay and most that do are purchased from other GB but not from this web forum GB

Majority of FAC releases are purchased direct from Film Arena by those that have a collectible number and very few sell their collection.

Reactions: DMD4k
They kinda have to though, whether to turn a profit on resell or not. Otherwise they risk losing the number. There is no good way to deal with it but i dont fault anyone as its just the way the entire steelbook market is.

Reactions: crib79
Note to self.. I can kiss any <1000 numbered steel/XL goodbye.
I arrived pretty late to the steelbook market and dont get me wrong I probably over paid for some of my personal favourites, I can accept that as they are OOP/sold out years before I became interested.
Not knowing about VIP members, I had a really positive feeling about winning one of the 751

Well definitely don’t give up! That’s not the right attitude.
Your best chance is joining the GB here.

Last edited:
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Very small amount of FAC releases end up on ebay and most that do are purchased from other GB but not from this web forum GB

Majority of FAC releases are purchased direct from Film Arena by those that have a collectible number and very few sell their collection.
Just out of curiosity do you have any evidence that this is the case? How would you know what 500+ supposed fac vip collectors are doing with their pre-order? Genuinely interested.