IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: June 30 July 14, 2023
Purchase link: Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set
Price: $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Lenti & Double Lenti) - $174.97 (Box Set)

952157C7-DEB9-44B9-B588-7D3EA1A71FDF.jpeg
376C0993-40A1-49A3-B4B6-53143E719A70.jpeg
705531FF-041E-40F4-AEEE-BF35DA14BE50.jpeg
2E248BC3-E10C-40F4-92BA-87F35A5D2E09.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don’t understand how Manta are able to push out releases after releases that fast when other retailers seem to struggle releasing very few.

I have a Question for the Ninjas who open their releases.

Has the Quality Control from Manta diminished ? Are there some old quality issues coming back ? (Ie: scuff marks/scratches on Steelbooks etc…)

(n):dunno:

I just don’t understand how Manta are able to push out releases after releases that fast when other retailers seem to struggle releasing very few.

I have a Question for the Ninjas who open their releases.

Has the Quality Control from Manta diminished ? Are there some old quality issues coming back ? (Ie: scuff marks/scratches on Steelbooks etc…)

(n):dunno:
Pretty much stayed the same

My back adam arrived with a dent on the steel (clearly not from transit) and creased edges on the full slip.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus
So I guess their quality control has gone back to what it used to be !?
I don’t think it ever changed. My last 3 orders before BA have been fine. But BA has both the steel and slip damaged. Swings and roundabouts with premiums from all companies imo

I’ve even had damaged PA steels before

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
I don’t think it ever changed. My last 3 orders before BA have been fine. But BA has both the steel and slip damaged. Swings and roundabouts with premiums from all companies imo

I’ve even had damaged PA steels before
I do remember speaking to John about this but that was way before Covid. I was told that they were changing factories for their Steelbooks, some sort of increase in quality control. I was just wondering because I’m having a difficult time believing that their standard in quality control have not decreased.

They are pushing releases way too fast IMO for their quality control not being affected. :cautious:

I do remember speaking to John about this but that was way before Covid. I was told that they were changing factories for their Steelbooks, some sort of increase in quality control. I was just wondering because I’m having a difficult time believing that their standard in quality control have not decreased.

They are pushing releases way too fast IMO for their quality control not being affected. :cautious:

Well considering they do release much more WEA stuff than other companies together i think it didn't decrease. Just look how much WEA BF release, WeET even less, HDZ prob at the end with this... And they are affected with this too, it's just they release so little that ppl don't even talk about while ML are keeping their flow steady.

Reactions: WKRP
I‘m not trying to defend manta or praise this release as it‘s all very subjective. But there are a lot of underwhelmed or disappointed people with this release.
So I ask this sincerely because I would like to know, what were your expectations?
I think there‘s only one Inception poster with the main characters that hasn‘t been used on any physical media before, this one if I‘m not mistaken

DEF16AC5-F6D5-428E-B7AF-89BC322795FC.jpeg
So reused artwork shouldn‘t be a surprise I guess.

But yeah I would like to know what the expectations or wishes have been for some of you?

I‘m not trying to defend manta or praise this release as it‘s all very subjective. But there are a lot of underwhelmed or disappointed people with this release.
So I ask this sincerely because I would like to know, what were your expectations?
I think there‘s only one Inception poster with the main characters that hasn‘t been used on any physical media before, this one if I‘m not mistaken

View attachment 553658
So reused artwork shouldn‘t be a surprise I guess.

But yeah I would like to know what the expectations or wishes have been for some of you?
my expectations werent high, because there are enough artworks available and i thought manta lab will nail it... but i was wrong!
steelbook: please dont tell us you like the back they used? as i mentioned before, there are enough artworks available manta lab could use... more than enough! the front artwork is awesome :drool:
full slip: i like it, but the artworks are too different, so this edition would work much better as a single lenti.
single lenti: i love the slip, but would be a much better full slip. same style as blade runner & leon.
double lenti: front artwork is nice, but i f#cking hate this water artwork. it's the only artwork i hoped manta lab wont use.
the water artwork reminds me of these 2 steelbooks.
91EohC0OFAL._SY445_.jpg

81ckWfLVdUL._SX342_.jpg

all in all it's an good release, but it could be a superb one.

my expectations werent high, because there are enough artworks available and i thought manta lab will nail it... but i was wrong!
steelbook: please dont tell us you like the back they used? as i mentioned before, there are enough artworks available manta lab could use... more than enough!
full slip: i like it, but the artworks are too different, so this edition would work much better as a single lenti.
single lenti: i love the slip, but would be a much better full slip. same style as blade runner & leon.
double lenti: front artwork is nice, but i f#cking hate this water artwork. it's the only artwork i hoped manta lab wont use.
the water artwork reminds me of these 2 steelbooks.
91EohC0OFAL._SY445_.jpg

81ckWfLVdUL._SX342_.jpg

all in all it's an good release, but it could be a superb one.
No of course I would have preferred a different back for the steelbook.

Like mentioned before I‘m not trying to praise or defend this release as it‘s all subjective.

I completely understand where you‘re coming from with your explanations.

My message was more directed towards people that simply replied to the thread with underwhelming or disappointed. Because that sounds to me like everything is bad about this release, that‘s why I am curious about their expactations or wishes they had for this release and why they feel this way.

Reactions: tha_lunatic
I prefer it without the PET too. Kinda hoping the rear of the PET is clear, so I can switch it around and display the poster on the front of the OC. If not, I'll just store the PET separately I think.
As a generally sealed collector, I‘m not a fan of the pet sleeve at all. If they want one with the title or something, fine, but why block out all the art With an opaque slip with The title on it?

Reactions: samdavies
Disappointed honestly, doesn't feel like there's a whole lot of variation between the lot and was hoping for something a bit different that stood out from what we've seen before. Still, steelbook front is nice, put me in the FS category.
From what I’ve read, Nolan allows very little art to be used, so reuse Is inevitable.

Reactions: NateDog
It's not one of my favorite movies so i wasn't high with expectations. But steelbook looks great to me and i'm happy with it.
The only thing i don't like is pet slip. If it has to be there it should be in a way so it doesn't block artwork. Why do all the work with art only to block it with pet slip which blocks all artwork.
Buying OC.

Reactions: Steely-Booked
Well considering they do release much more WEA stuff than other companies together i think it didn't decrease. Just look how much WEA BF release, WeET even less, HDZ prob at the end with this... And they are affected with this too, it's just they release so little that ppl don't even talk about while ML are keeping their flow steady.
Well they had too many Quality issues when they were manufacturing their Steelbooks in the China facility so they had moved Production to Scanavo Denmark.

I’m Wondering if they moved production “back to China” since they are releasing so many of them with little time between each release.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I like the back of the steelbook very much. :bored: It's a great new image of equipment pertinent to the story.
This will be the best steelbook for the film, as all the other 4 or so I have kinda suck (they're all WWA).

The back of the double lenti reminds me of a certain judge not named Clarence Thomas. I sentence you to be exposed before your peers.

Last edited: